“Quality, but mod cons would have helped”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Here for the Commonwealth Games so circumstances a bit out of the ordinary and pricey! Despite the premium paid we were very pleased with our spacious accommodation. Beds very comfortable, lovely bathroom including bath. Only problem for me was noise (sash windows seem original so noise-leaky). Also it was hot so the only way of cooling off was to open the noisy windows- not great. Nice staff though.

Room Tip: If you don't want a lovely view of Glasgow centre you might get a quieter room at the back. Theo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear LInda L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to see that over all you liked the rooms and facilities that are offered here at Fraser Suites Glasgow. I have to agree that our new Sealy beds are remarkably comfortable, and our apartments offer all the space you need for a relaxing break.

We are a B-listed building and our sash windows are the originals from 1855, we are working with a local specialist to refurbish these to help reduce the noise from outside, our back facing rooms although restricting your view of this lovely city offer a quieter aspect to the property.

I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Nice appartments. Clean, stylish and equipped. Helpful staff. Ok location.

Here's the but........truely aweful sound proofing, both at the windows and on the floors. We could hear every step of the people on the floor above, who seemed to walk around until 4.00am (which is their perogative), and every smash off a bottle as the numerous bars around the appartments cleared out their bottle skips.

I could not stand a second night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Billandhistravels
Robert M, Operations Manger at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Thrillbill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience here at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

I am pleased to see that you liked the apartments and facilities here and found our team here helpful, we pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service.

I am sorry to read that you found the soundproofing was not to your expectations, we are working on a program with our windows to have them refurbished and have instructed our architects to review current between floor soundproofing and to make recommendations to improve this.

I hope you have not been put off staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here in June and i am only now getting round to adding a review.

Check-in was fine, but i'm not going to get too excited about that. Our apartment was on the 4th floor and although it was clean and tidy our stay was awful. The noise from nearby bars was MENTAL! Pounding music and screaming drunk women-what a combo! Even when that died down we had the crashing of bottles being emptied into the bin. On top of this noise, we had the endure the constant drone of the extraction system.

As it turns out, the noise wasn't the worst part of it. The place was so hot it was nearly impossible to sleep. We were told basically, that heat rises, which is a nonsensical explanation. The company who run Fraser Suites should invest in some air conditioning to help guests combat this. I understand that being in Scotland, air-con isn't exactly a must have, but in a massive building with so much heat being generated it is the only way to control the temperature.

My Sister was getting married and wanted to book apartments/rooms so that friends and family could stay in one place. Had it not been for the fact that the bride and groom were here, as well as the rest of the friends & family we would have found another place to stay...which is exactly what 2 other couples did.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jamie d,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, since your stay in June we have made massive in-roads with the local bars regarding the noise levels that come from them and I am positive that should you give us a second chance you will notice the difference.

We are a large sandstone building that does retain its heat - excellent 11 of the 12 months of the year, we are looking at ways to ease the problem to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.

I hope that you choose Fraser Suites Glasgow the next time you are in town.

KInd regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A good place to stay whilst attending the Commonwealth Games. The room was spacious but due to very hot weather the room very warm. There was a fan available and the windows opened wide which did help.
The hotel is in a central location in the city, and the staff are very efficient and friendly nothing too much trouble.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ladygolfer31,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location in the heart of Merchant city was what you were looking for and that our team here upheld our commitment the delivering Gold Service customer service.

We have been blessed with some lovely weather recently and I am pleased that the fan in your room help you be a little bit more comfortable during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in June following a night out in Glasgow's Merchant City. The hotel is ideally located for a night out in Glasgow. The room was much larger than the average city centre hotel room with a small kitchen area. It was immaculate and well presented. The only downside was the lack of air-con. The night was warm and we were left with the choice of leaving the windows open and dealing with the noise (which we were prepared for given the location), or having them closed which meant a stuffy and uncomfortable night. Possibly reception would have offered a fan had we asked - as we got in after midnight we decided to make do. Overall I would definitely recommend and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahMc23
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sarah Mc23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our apartments are very spacious, at least 2 1/2 times the size of a standard hotel room.

I'm sorry that you found the apartment on the warm side, we do provide a fan in every room (stored in the wardrobe) with extra's available upon request from reception.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently traveld with my family to glasgow and we booked a room at fraser for 2 days fom the 10th of July to the 12th, firstly the room we got was next to a parking lot which made cross ventilation very difficult making the room very hot, secondly the the nighe ebfore the chkout altough I was told tht I could get an one hour late chk out, the day manager there came to our room at 12 and in a very hostile manner told us to chk ou, if there was an issue he could have explained the matter politely, we were all taken a back by his attitude.

After our stay we had a booking at fraser suits in edinbruigh again for 2 days, and from both my experiences all I can say is that fraser glasgow should learn the ethics of hospitality from fraser at edinburgh... I will definetly stay again at fraser at edinburgh but would never recommend anyone to stay at fraser glasgow based on atleast my personal experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ali_ihsan52

Dear ali_ihsan52

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with is. I am concerned to read your comments regarding the day shift here at Fraser Suites Glasgow, I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please contact me on robert.mclaughlin@frasershospitality.com

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed here one night over the weekend. The rooms are great so much space! large bed extreamly clean. Had a small kitchen facility which provided us with water and facilities to make teas and coffee. The room provided a safe, iron, iron board also much more. The location of these appartments are so handy, a stone throw away from all that you need and want. The Fraser suits have a car just at its door step and if you are staying there and park there they will provided you with a ticket that gets you money off your parking during your stay (saved us £4.00) The man at the desk was very welcoming and explained everything that was relevent, offered us the free wifi service also. Over all I had a lovely stay at this hotel and had a great kip! there was not much noise when I was there, maybe a bit outside noise but nothing that bothered us as we where places in a high up room.

Room Tip: Higher up room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lalaidlaw,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! You summerised our facilities here at Fraser Suites Glasgow perfectly, we hope to offer an ideal home from home facility with everything that the modern day traveler requires.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.