“noisy but classy”

Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
London
“noisy but classy”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Really torn with this place. There for the commonwealth games and paying 200 pounds a night. Great location, amongst it all but because its a listed building it can't have double glazing and boy, do you need it. If you are at the front of the building its one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed in. Shame because it really is quite lovely and the apartments modern and well equipped. Frankly as I like my sleep I would probably give this a miss in the future. On our last night we decided if you can't beat them join them. At 3am it was still lively.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear seedoubleu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites, I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I understand your frustration regarding the noise through the windows, as we are a listed building there is very little we can do with the actual window, however, we are in talks with specialists to determine if there is a practical solution to this.

We have rooms that face into the back of the property which takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the streets, when you next stay with us, give me a call before you arrive and I will try to arrange a back facing room for you.

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a few days prior to the games and to say we had an amazing stay is an understatement. Top class apartments, amazing facilities and central to everything. The thing that really makes the place is the staff. WOW. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble, the guys during the day were great for local info and the guys at night (Neil, Callum and Derek) went out of their way to show us different restaurants, arrange cabs and even offered to take us into the restaurants that offer discounts and introduce us. We honestly couldn't have asked for more and will definately be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear socialscotsman,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the facilities that we offer. I am proud of my team here at Fraser Suites Glasgow and I am pleased that especially our night guys were able to demonstrate our commitment to delivering gold standard customer service.

Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Fraser Suites for most of the Commonwealth Games. The standard of accommodation for a self catering hotel was of the highest order but the hotel had several key blemishes. The first week of the Games enjoyed particularly good weather and the Suites have no air con. Hard to believe but true. The only alternative was to leave the widows open and as you can imagine the noise was "truly Glasgow". Breakfast was average but certainly not anything special. Location is brilliant with reasonably priced parking adjacent to the front door. Staff throughout the Suites are outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble and reception staff in particular are excellent. I changed rooms several times and on each occasion the standard throughout the suites was great. Perfect location and many happy memories of my stay. Despite the blemishes I would be happy to return because of the convenience of the Suites to central attractions. Bit pricey so look around.

Room Tip: Rooms on the car park side appear to be quieter but check out the best rooms for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard B
Dear Richard B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked our apartments, They offer a large space to relax and enjoy, at almost 2 and a half times the size of a standard hotel room they are quite unique in Glasgow.

I am delighted that you found the team here at Fraser Suites 'outstanding', we take great pride in delivering a gold standard customer service.

Our location in Merchant city certainly put us at the heart of the Commonwealth games and Merchant city festival coupled with the amazing weather brought many thousands of extra people into the area, I'm sorry if the additional noise spoiled your stay, We are currently looking into a solution for the heat with in the rooms and hope to have this resolved soon.

I hope the next time you are in Glasgow you will stay with us again, check out our website for great new deals!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Here for the Commonwealth Games so circumstances a bit out of the ordinary and pricey! Despite the premium paid we were very pleased with our spacious accommodation. Beds very comfortable, lovely bathroom including bath. Only problem for me was noise (sash windows seem original so noise-leaky). Also it was hot so the only way of cooling off was to open the noisy windows- not great. Nice staff though.

Room Tip: If you don't want a lovely view of Glasgow centre you might get a quieter room at the back. Theo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LInda L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to see that over all you liked the rooms and facilities that are offered here at Fraser Suites Glasgow. I have to agree that our new Sealy beds are remarkably comfortable, and our apartments offer all the space you need for a relaxing break.

We are a B-listed building and our sash windows are the originals from 1855, we are working with a local specialist to refurbish these to help reduce the noise from outside, our back facing rooms although restricting your view of this lovely city offer a quieter aspect to the property.

I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Everywhere
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Nice appartments. Clean, stylish and equipped. Helpful staff. Ok location.

Here's the but........truely aweful sound proofing, both at the windows and on the floors. We could hear every step of the people on the floor above, who seemed to walk around until 4.00am (which is their perogative), and every smash off a bottle as the numerous bars around the appartments cleared out their bottle skips.

I could not stand a second night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Billandhistravels
Robert M, Operations Manger at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Thrillbill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience here at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

I am pleased to see that you liked the apartments and facilities here and found our team here helpful, we pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service.

I am sorry to read that you found the soundproofing was not to your expectations, we are working on a program with our windows to have them refurbished and have instructed our architects to review current between floor soundproofing and to make recommendations to improve this.

I hope you have not been put off staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here in June and i am only now getting round to adding a review.

Check-in was fine, but i'm not going to get too excited about that. Our apartment was on the 4th floor and although it was clean and tidy our stay was awful. The noise from nearby bars was MENTAL! Pounding music and screaming drunk women-what a combo! Even when that died down we had the crashing of bottles being emptied into the bin. On top of this noise, we had the endure the constant drone of the extraction system.

As it turns out, the noise wasn't the worst part of it. The place was so hot it was nearly impossible to sleep. We were told basically, that heat rises, which is a nonsensical explanation. The company who run Fraser Suites should invest in some air conditioning to help guests combat this. I understand that being in Scotland, air-con isn't exactly a must have, but in a massive building with so much heat being generated it is the only way to control the temperature.

My Sister was getting married and wanted to book apartments/rooms so that friends and family could stay in one place. Had it not been for the fact that the bride and groom were here, as well as the rest of the friends & family we would have found another place to stay...which is exactly what 2 other couples did.

I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jamie d,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, since your stay in June we have made massive in-roads with the local bars regarding the noise levels that come from them and I am positive that should you give us a second chance you will notice the difference.

We are a large sandstone building that does retain its heat - excellent 11 of the 12 months of the year, we are looking at ways to ease the problem to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.

I hope that you choose Fraser Suites Glasgow the next time you are in town.

KInd regards,

Lancashire
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A good place to stay whilst attending the Commonwealth Games. The room was spacious but due to very hot weather the room very warm. There was a fan available and the windows opened wide which did help.
The hotel is in a central location in the city, and the staff are very efficient and friendly nothing too much trouble.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ladygolfer31,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location in the heart of Merchant city was what you were looking for and that our team here upheld our commitment the delivering Gold Service customer service.

We have been blessed with some lovely weather recently and I am pleased that the fan in your room help you be a little bit more comfortable during your stay.