“Hidden gem in heart of city”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #23 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Stirling, Scotland
“Hidden gem in heart of city”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Fraser Suites in Glasgow's Merchant City is a hidden gem. Tucked away just off the east end of the busy Argyll St retail thoroughfare, it offers all the comforts of home. The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Even at its busiest period during the recent Commonwealth Games, the quality of service was excellent. I will definitely be making it my No1 choice for trips to Glasgow.

Room Tip: All rooms have a quirky, unique feel and the 4th floor rooms are particularly special.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear AlanLynn,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Commonwealth Games.

Fraser Suites Glasgow was molded into the former Bank of Glasgow so everyone of our rooms is different and as you say 'quirky' which certainty separates us out from other hotels in city. I am pleased that you found the team here helpful and I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate all of your requests, we all work hard here at Fraser Suites Glasgow to ensure that we continue to deliver Gold Standard customer service.

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Inveraray
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, a really great place. superb location for Glasgows many restaurants & bars, friendly check in, rooms very well appointed, great to see a fan in the bedroom without having to ask. Bed really comfy, bathroom very well appointed.
Breakfast the following morning continental and service with a smile.
very friendly professional staff that all took the time to say good morning / evening. will definately return when in Glasgow next. Well done.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear GM-LochFyneHotel,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am please to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location in the heart of Merchant city is idea for exploring this beautiful city and with some of Glasgow's best restaurants and bars on our door step you really are spoiled for choice. i will pass your comments into our team here, I am delighted to see that we are delivering our gold standard customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites again soon.

London
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Really torn with this place. There for the commonwealth games and paying 200 pounds a night. Great location, amongst it all but because its a listed building it can't have double glazing and boy, do you need it. If you are at the front of the building its one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed in. Shame because it really is quite lovely and the apartments modern and well equipped. Frankly as I like my sleep I would probably give this a miss in the future. On our last night we decided if you can't beat them join them. At 3am it was still lively.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear seedoubleu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites, I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I understand your frustration regarding the noise through the windows, as we are a listed building there is very little we can do with the actual window, however, we are in talks with specialists to determine if there is a practical solution to this.

We have rooms that face into the back of the property which takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the streets, when you next stay with us, give me a call before you arrive and I will try to arrange a back facing room for you.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a few days prior to the games and to say we had an amazing stay is an understatement. Top class apartments, amazing facilities and central to everything. The thing that really makes the place is the staff. WOW. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble, the guys during the day were great for local info and the guys at night (Neil, Callum and Derek) went out of their way to show us different restaurants, arrange cabs and even offered to take us into the restaurants that offer discounts and introduce us. We honestly couldn't have asked for more and will definately be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear socialscotsman,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the facilities that we offer. I am proud of my team here at Fraser Suites Glasgow and I am pleased that especially our night guys were able to demonstrate our commitment to delivering gold standard customer service.

Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Fraser Suites for most of the Commonwealth Games. The standard of accommodation for a self catering hotel was of the highest order but the hotel had several key blemishes. The first week of the Games enjoyed particularly good weather and the Suites have no air con. Hard to believe but true. The only alternative was to leave the widows open and as you can imagine the noise was "truly Glasgow". Breakfast was average but certainly not anything special. Location is brilliant with reasonably priced parking adjacent to the front door. Staff throughout the Suites are outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble and reception staff in particular are excellent. I changed rooms several times and on each occasion the standard throughout the suites was great. Perfect location and many happy memories of my stay. Despite the blemishes I would be happy to return because of the convenience of the Suites to central attractions. Bit pricey so look around.

Room Tip: Rooms on the car park side appear to be quieter but check out the best rooms for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard B
Dear Richard B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked our apartments, They offer a large space to relax and enjoy, at almost 2 and a half times the size of a standard hotel room they are quite unique in Glasgow.

I am delighted that you found the team here at Fraser Suites 'outstanding', we take great pride in delivering a gold standard customer service.

Our location in Merchant city certainly put us at the heart of the Commonwealth games and Merchant city festival coupled with the amazing weather brought many thousands of extra people into the area, I'm sorry if the additional noise spoiled your stay, We are currently looking into a solution for the heat with in the rooms and hope to have this resolved soon.

I hope the next time you are in Glasgow you will stay with us again, check out our website for great new deals!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Here for the Commonwealth Games so circumstances a bit out of the ordinary and pricey! Despite the premium paid we were very pleased with our spacious accommodation. Beds very comfortable, lovely bathroom including bath. Only problem for me was noise (sash windows seem original so noise-leaky). Also it was hot so the only way of cooling off was to open the noisy windows- not great. Nice staff though.

Room Tip: If you don't want a lovely view of Glasgow centre you might get a quieter room at the back. Theo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LInda L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to see that over all you liked the rooms and facilities that are offered here at Fraser Suites Glasgow. I have to agree that our new Sealy beds are remarkably comfortable, and our apartments offer all the space you need for a relaxing break.

We are a B-listed building and our sash windows are the originals from 1855, we are working with a local specialist to refurbish these to help reduce the noise from outside, our back facing rooms although restricting your view of this lovely city offer a quieter aspect to the property.

I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Everywhere
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Nice appartments. Clean, stylish and equipped. Helpful staff. Ok location.

Here's the but........truely aweful sound proofing, both at the windows and on the floors. We could hear every step of the people on the floor above, who seemed to walk around until 4.00am (which is their perogative), and every smash off a bottle as the numerous bars around the appartments cleared out their bottle skips.

I could not stand a second night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Billandhistravels
Robert M, Operations Manger at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Thrillbill,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience here at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

I am pleased to see that you liked the apartments and facilities here and found our team here helpful, we pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service.

I am sorry to read that you found the soundproofing was not to your expectations, we are working on a program with our windows to have them refurbished and have instructed our architects to review current between floor soundproofing and to make recommendations to improve this.

I hope you have not been put off staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.