“Lovely stay!”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked to stay at the Fraser Suites through booking.com. We paid £150 which I thought was expensive but I realised it was the aftermath of the commonwealth games and the athletes parade was the same weekend. Anyway! We arrived at 1pm and left our bags while we went shopping. Returned around 4pm to check in. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely loved the room. Had a view over a car park to the back but didn't really concern us as what do you expect from city centre accommodation! We weren't bothered by noise in the slightest! But we were on the 4th floor and also only slept in the room for about 2 hours as we were out partying! :)
The wifi was really good and the kitchen had everything we needed! Shower was great. Only thing I would say for 2 girls on a night out there was only 1 full length mirror and it was in the bedroom, the bed was very squashed in the room so you couldn't actually see yourself in the mirror as it was right up against the bed. Bit annoying but we just put up with it! Would of been good to have more music channels on the TV as we both have iphone 5's which weren't compatible with the iPod docks! Liked how they had a TV in both the bedroom and the lounge.
Would definitely recommend and stay again. We slept in for check out and the member of staff on the day couldn't of been nicer about it. A young guy, I didn't catch his name, working on the morning on sunday 17th. Thank you! :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgia D
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Georgia D,

Thank you for your 5* review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have taken time to offer some feedback.

i am pleased that we managed to display our gold standard customer service to you, we have taken on board your comments regarding the mirror position in the room along with the ipod adapter for the 5.

Being in the heart of the city center we have many different outlooks some of which look onto a carpark, the plus side to this as you experienced was very limited noise.

I hope you choose Fraser Suites Glasgow the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is my second visit to Fraser Suites. Since I was on ,my own I took the Studio Apartment. It was very impressive and the lay out, though slightly smaller in dimensions echoed the larger apartment. The staff are helpful with directions for easy travel around the city and the apartments themselves are cloe to George Square, Queen Street Station and Buchanan Steet Subway. It tops my list for places to stay in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear singkrai,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites, I am a delighted you enjoyed your stay and that we are your first choice for hotel stay in Glasgow. Our studio apartments are ideal for 1 or 2 people staying, they are at least 2.5 times the size of a standard hotel room and boast all the imitates any traveler would need whether here for business or leisure.

We are ideally located in the heart for merchant city with all transport and tourist attractions a short walk away.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived after 35 hrs of travelling from Australia to discover that our luggage was missing.
We went straight to the Fraser Suites at Glasgow where thus wonderful person named Malcolm
Greeted us. He made us feel right at home - and booked us in early as he could see we were a bit
Stressed about our luggage. We had a rest and then Malcolm spent the time to give us info on
Where to pick up a few basics and the great things to see in Glasgow. He was fantastic.
Also our 2 bedroom suite was well priced, very comfortable and in a very central spot. Perfectly
Situated - also about 20 mins from train station and right next to a really good pub Maggie Mays and other great eateries. My sister and I were impressed and very happy.

Room Tip: We like fresh air and so you can poem windows here which we love But then you expect a bit of stree...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Robert M, Operation Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Jan P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that Malcolm looked after you so well when your luggage was lost and was able to point you in the right direction to get emergency supplies.

Malcolm is our local boy and is passionate about his home town, he is always delighted to give out maps and information on things to see and do whilst in Glasgow, he has just finished writing a booklet on noted people and places in Glasgow that our 4th Floor rooms are named after.

I hope the next time to visit Glasgow you choose to stay with us here at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Fraser Suites in Glasgow's Merchant City is a hidden gem. Tucked away just off the east end of the busy Argyll St retail thoroughfare, it offers all the comforts of home. The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Even at its busiest period during the recent Commonwealth Games, the quality of service was excellent. I will definitely be making it my No1 choice for trips to Glasgow.

Room Tip: All rooms have a quirky, unique feel and the 4th floor rooms are particularly special.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear AlanLynn,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Commonwealth Games.

Fraser Suites Glasgow was molded into the former Bank of Glasgow so everyone of our rooms is different and as you say 'quirky' which certainty separates us out from other hotels in city. I am pleased that you found the team here helpful and I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate all of your requests, we all work hard here at Fraser Suites Glasgow to ensure that we continue to deliver Gold Standard customer service.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, a really great place. superb location for Glasgows many restaurants & bars, friendly check in, rooms very well appointed, great to see a fan in the bedroom without having to ask. Bed really comfy, bathroom very well appointed.
Breakfast the following morning continental and service with a smile.
very friendly professional staff that all took the time to say good morning / evening. will definately return when in Glasgow next. Well done.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GM-LochFyneHotel,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am please to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location in the heart of Merchant city is idea for exploring this beautiful city and with some of Glasgow's best restaurants and bars on our door step you really are spoiled for choice. i will pass your comments into our team here, I am delighted to see that we are delivering our gold standard customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Really torn with this place. There for the commonwealth games and paying 200 pounds a night. Great location, amongst it all but because its a listed building it can't have double glazing and boy, do you need it. If you are at the front of the building its one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed in. Shame because it really is quite lovely and the apartments modern and well equipped. Frankly as I like my sleep I would probably give this a miss in the future. On our last night we decided if you can't beat them join them. At 3am it was still lively.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear seedoubleu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites, I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I understand your frustration regarding the noise through the windows, as we are a listed building there is very little we can do with the actual window, however, we are in talks with specialists to determine if there is a practical solution to this.

We have rooms that face into the back of the property which takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the streets, when you next stay with us, give me a call before you arrive and I will try to arrange a back facing room for you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a few days prior to the games and to say we had an amazing stay is an understatement. Top class apartments, amazing facilities and central to everything. The thing that really makes the place is the staff. WOW. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble, the guys during the day were great for local info and the guys at night (Neil, Callum and Derek) went out of their way to show us different restaurants, arrange cabs and even offered to take us into the restaurants that offer discounts and introduce us. We honestly couldn't have asked for more and will definately be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear socialscotsman,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the facilities that we offer. I am proud of my team here at Fraser Suites Glasgow and I am pleased that especially our night guys were able to demonstrate our commitment to delivering gold standard customer service.