“Just too noisy”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 26 August 2009

The drawback to having a hotel room in the midst of the pub scene, is that the pubs empty out at 3AM -- and you'll be reminded of this as the revelers stagger home. For some reason, the windows fit poorly and so didn't keep out much of the noise. To top it off, our room faced Trongate, where buses run until 12:30 AM and trucks run all night. And we had asked for a quiet room! On the plus side, the hotel offered to switch our room, but there wasn't much selection left.

The suite itself was OK -- the furniture stylish, but not particularly comfortable. Having a fridge is nice -- there's a Tesco Express a few blocks away to buy groceries at. But, all in all, I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 24 August 2009

Third stay in Jan 2009, each time has been really enjoyable. Great location for merchant city eating, drinking and shopping. Other areas also easily reachable either walking or via public transport. Will stay here again next time we're in town!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

the fraser suites in glasgow are a fantastic hotel.
the location is superb, in the merchants district. great restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

the rooms are very nice. my room was located on the top floor so i was not bothered by any noise.

rooms are extremely spacious. have not seen anything like it so far, the room was huge. bed and pillow quite comfortable. there was a small kitchenette in the room, making it possible to make some food on your own.

the bathroom was ok, but slightly disappointing. no shower, only bathtub, very small bathroom sink, your hands barely fit in that thing. there was no space to place your stuff, so it wasn´t very handy.

the only thing that i really have to complain about was the temperature in the room. now, glasgow is not a hot city by itself. i was there in mid-july and outside temp was around 18°C. however, the room was boiling hot. they placed a fan, but it wasnt helping.

so apart from the ventilation, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I have been coming to Glasgow for 5 years in a row now, and this Hotel is the first i've returned to, and will not be looking for another hotel to stay in when I visit Glasgow again. perfectly located, surrounded by excellent restaurants and bars, and only about a 5 minute walk to the main shopping area. Location great, Apartments spotless. A little noisy late at night, sturdier windows would be nice, but you can't drown out the noise from people shouting late at night. that's my ONLY complaint. Service spot on, and the reception staff areextremely helpful. 10/10..don't book anywhere else. This is the spot!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2009

My friend and I (age 26 and 28) stayed in a 2 bed (deluxe studio) suite on the 2nd floor. Our 2 night stay came out to $210. The suite was more than comfortable in size and had everything we needed (a kitchenette and entertaining area). The decor was also nice and beds were comfortable enough. I did however, find the shower/tub combo weird because it had a shower glass guard that only covered half the shower/tub. Perhaps I like to get messy when getting clean but I found a good amount of water ended up on the floor outside my tub. Other than that, the hotel was lovely. So for the price I thought it was one of the better deals for places of stay. We were also near George Square, Merchant City, etc.. so walking to and from locations was no issue. My only compliant, our bags were lost but they couldn't provide us with toothpaste. Other than that, the staff was helpful and I definitely served myself a great heaping of free tea from their tassimo machine. I highly recommend the raspberry tea. In addition, the small table fan provided enough cool air to keep us comfortable but I can't vouch for a hot day. On another note, had I met someone during my vacation I would had no problem bringing them back because it was a very presentable hotel room and not some cheap small place you'd be embarrassed to invite someone in.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I came to Glasgow to go to a gig at the SECC - stayed at Fraser Suites because they had a last minute offer on which made the accommodation really affordable. We only stayed one night but I had a great nights sleep. Its in a great location, really central. We got the train down so it was within easy walking distance of the train station.
The room was large and spacious, whith everything I could need for my short stay.
It was clean and comfortable and I would definitely choose to stay here

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Stayed july 16th-20th to see the British Open. I was in room 202 which was a studio and my friend was in room 418 which was a 1 bedroom.

My room was very large, huge bathroom and overall very nice. My main complaint was that my room backed up to a restaurant and when they would empty the bottles into the dumpsters it sounded like they were in the room with me. In the morning a truck would come to empty the dumpsters which was also quite jarring. I spoke to the manager about this and he explained that they can't add sound proof windows because the building is registered as a historic building.

My friend said his room was gigantic and he didn't have any of the noise issues that I did.

Location is great with some very good places to eat and drink just a few blocks from the hotel. I recommend the Babbity Bowster on Blackfrier Street. Great beer and food. As other people have said it is only a 5 min walk to either the Central or Queen Street stations.

Even with the noise I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends