All reviews central hotel black pudding continental breakfast full scottish breakfast tea and coffee breakfast was excellent reception area centre of glasgow yogurt pubs
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

stayed here for hogmany, reception was friendly and helpful room was very clean and bed comfortable. if you are a light sleeper you might be disturbed by the nightlife on the street below we stayed on 3rd floor and it was very noisy outside. Breakfast was a bit of a let down lukewarm scottish breakfast couldnt eat it and orange juice was poor quality, i tried the continential and it was great so i would choose that. On a whole i would stay again if on a night out.

1  Thank Karlene S
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed with 2 friends in a triple room the weekend before Christmas for 2 nights. We needed a central hotel close to the location of the gig which we were attending. Our room on the first floor was okay, Freeview TV, large bathroom but very poor water pressure. Breakfast was okay for what we paid, full Scottish if you wanted it, but the bread was stale on both mornings. Okay for toast I guess but if you wanted just a slice of bread to go with your breakfast then not. Staff on the whole were friendly and I was helped both coming and going with my luggage which was most appreciated as I have a spinal condition and the stairs were awkward for me. The last flight of stairs down to the entrance had no hand rail and were particulary awkward.

The lounge was pleasant and it was nice to have a drink when we returned late from the gig.

A big concern that I did have was the entrance which tended to be congregated with youngsters smoking etc. Staff were pretty good about moving people on but I would have been concerned about staying there as a single female because of this reason.

So. Not the best, but I have stayed in far worse places and paid more money.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank bondenNottingham
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed for the night with my friend while down in glasgow for a concert, my friend had stayed in the hotel before and she said it was a nice hotel for the night and was close to the venue, i read review before going and alot were saying the top floor rooms were awful so i just hoped that wasn't where my room was. I arrived in the hotel and of course to my luck my room was on the top floor which meant climbing four flights of stairs as their is no lift and when i got to the room it was awful, the floor wasn't flat it sort of curved and the wardrobe had wood under the legs to keep it straight i never had a bed side table as it was in the middle of the room holding the tv which was about 50 years old had a crack on it and no remote or volume button, the room shakes every couple of minutes, the bathroom had cracked titles, really bad water pressure and the paint around the window was all coming off and the room was roasting for it being the 6th of december! the room had this little cupboard thing in it which had a hole in the wall inside it and because we were so high up we couldn't connect to the wifi, the room in general was just awful, would not recommend staying their! i have also been ill since staying in the hotel not sure if its from the damp room or just this time of year.

Room tip: try not get a room on the top floor, get one on the first floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel on Friday 30th November for one night. We shared a very comfy and warm twin room (pushed beds together) with a spotlessly clean en-suite bathroom.We had a lovely night out in Glasgow and returned for some light refreshment in the hotel lounge bar, this was comfortable and drinks were very reasonably priced.We payed £49 for our stay in total which included a cooked breakfast and plenty toast and ceral available if needed.Brilliant value, this is my second time at this hotel and guaranteed it wont be my last. Well done everyone.

Room tip: If i could give more than excellent for location i would have, absolute prime location.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of good reviews on TripAdvisor. I now think they were posted by the owner's Mum or Granny. The hotel was down at heel, grubby, tired. Fire doors were propped open, windows did not shut. The toilet cistern was coming off the wall, as was the cracked sink. The furniture was tatty, the mattress was grubby and had only a sheet for cover. The breakfast was cold, the tea was from a machine that mixed tea with coffee! Saying all that, the gent on the reception desk was very kind and gave me light bulbs when the ones in the room did not work.

Room tip: My tip would be not to stay there
Date of stay: November 2012