“I got what I expected.”

Ranked #88 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I got what I expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

I booked this hotel, to be central and cheap. The hotel was clean, albeit due for repainting. There was no lift, and we were on the third floor. Reception is at the top of the first flight of stairs, so the hotel is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties. Breakfast (our only meal) was adequate and hot (cooked to order).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moonta, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

Booked this accommodation / holiday through a major airline tour company.
What a hell hole.. Even youth hostels provide better standards of accommodation
.Lugged all of our luggage up stairs to reception...toilet broken in reception area ..having arrived from a long flight 26 plus hours. not good first impressions. Staff rude and unhelpful
Room we were booked was a hell hole.
All beds broken, one propped up with bricks holes in wall. dirty curtains.
Toilet well......need i go on.\
We turned right around and found somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Corby
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

Just back from staying at the rennie macintosh station hotel. I was not all that impressed, the staff were very nice but the Hotel was more like a hostel and we were in room 103 which was literally a door off the reception and we were woke up several times in the early hours with drunk people having a laugh with the night receptionist. The bar which is included in the hotel amenities was no more then i drinks cabinet with very minimal choice of drinks. This would suit a lads or girls weekend thing definatley should not be called a hotel and definatley not for familys or for any one who actually requires sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

well placed in town centre, for shoping plus handy for local trains and buses, the service was good the room very clean and tidy all in all very pleased.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

If you are looking for a cheap hotel in the centre of Glasgow, maybe as someplace to crash after a night out, this hotel is right up your street. If you are looking for a nice hotel for a romantic weekend, or special occasion, maybe not. The hotel is clean enough, but very tired and in need of a major refurishment.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
widnes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

this hotel has has some very bad reviews and I don't think it is deserved. It was very cheap, but we wanted a warm room with a clean bed for 1 night. We shopped, went to the theatre and next day to 2 museums. This was ideal .Spotless beds.good bathroom.the staff offered to keep our bags next day before we asked. Breakfast was included ( fry up, cereals,toast,fruit,muffins,yogurt,cold meat,cheese etc.) we were warm dry and fed, For £34 for two people I was very pleased. I think it would be very noisy outside though at the week-end as the road is busy with lots of buses and we could hear if people shouted, but not on a week night.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

First impression, in the middle of electrical upgrade as there are wires hanging out the walls at various locations, eight I counted on my level and stair.
Curtains in the room including the net curtain just filthy and I dont believe they have ever been washed.
Cupboard that I was going to put my bag in,,,,,well,,,,,I didnt,,,,I opened the door to what looked like something dull and miserable from the 50's with tatty shelving.
Shower room/toilet was the most modern but cold and the trickle flow from the shower was a disappointment. It was also obvious that the handyman had not finished working in there as some paneling under the sink was incomplete.
Bedding sheets clean and fresh.
A cheery face at breakfast with a warm hello from a young woman.
Teaspoons observed in a dirty container, having seen that I just made myself toast with jam, I would not enjoy a cooked breakfast wondering what state the kitchen was in.
On my departure all I received was a stare with a frown from the eastern looking woman sitting in the office at the back of the reception desk.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo