“2 Night short break”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights for a short city break. Good location, great food and clean and modern hotel. Just one beef and that’s the bed size which was only a double. I think all hotels should have King or Queen sized beds now. The Glaswegians were very friendly and Glasgow is so pretty at night. We took the train to Balloch and went to Loch Lomond also. Very close to most Theatres.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Peter,

Thank you for the recent review and posting up pictures of the hotel, this can be really helpful for other tripadvisor users.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the friendly service, something which we pride ourselves on.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here during a business trip and it was excellent. Price was very good, staff were excellent, room was really nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jameswameek
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Dear James,

Thanks for your recent review on the hotel. It was great to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I arrived on the Friday and left on the Sunday, all of the Staff behind the front desk were very helpful courteous and professional and there were different staff on each day. The Hotel itself looks great with more helpful courteous and professional staff manning the Bar and the Breakfast room. We had room service one early evening and again this was prompt with great service and the food was great.

Breakfast on the three days (as we arrived early on the Friday) was also very nice with a choice of eggs to order.

On Sunday we were able to leave our suitcases while we enjoyed the remainder of the day in Glasgow City Cent re, on our return I heard one guest ask where she could find a particular association, the staff had not heard about this association but immediately volunteered to search on line to find the location. GREAT.

I have already and will continue to recommend this Hotel to my Family Friends and business colleagues. Well Done and thank you to all of the staff, including last but not least our lovely cleaners.

Room Tip: The 05 rooms are great, however the other rooms got a great review from friends of ours who travelle...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham B
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.

I was happy too see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I will pass on your comments to our staff

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I've stayed here three times so far this year, and love it! It's very central but in a relatively quiet position, moments from theatres and shops. Parking is easy in the multiple-storey car park nearby. Public transport links are close by.
Rooms are average size for city centre, and comfortable. Dinner in the Bonne Auberge restaurant is a treat, and the icing on the cake is the friendliness of the staff.
A great base from which to see Glasgow.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AngelaAkehurst

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

It was great too see that you enjoyed dinner in La Bonne Auberge and that the staff were friendly.

I was also happy too see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I will pass on your comments to our staff

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We ended up booking this hotel at the very last minute and as a consequence struggled to find anywhere in the city centre for a decent price. Normally I've been able to get good deals for weekend breaks in Glasgow but this was very last minute and it was a very busy weekend so finding any availability in town wasn't easy. We were glad to find this hotel as the location seemed good – a fairly short walk from Central train station and the city centre – and the rate was pretty reasonable. We spent most of our time visiting friends so we only needed somewhere to sleep, and this was fine. We had a twin room which was quite small but perfectly fine for our needs. The room and bathroom were fairly basic but were clean and had everything we needed, and the beds were really comfy. We didn't have the breakfast and didn't eat in the restaurant but it looked fairly good. The staff were friendly and helpful (ordering taxis etc). The only slight downside with the room was that it was quite dark – the window was small and there wasn't much natural light and the artificial lighting wasn't very bright. This isn't a big deal though and wouldn't put me off staying again.
I'd recommend this hotel as a good base for a break in Glasgow.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Thankyou for your recent review.

I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room’s cleanly.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2011

After staying at a dreadful hotel in Inverness I checked into the Holiday Inn in Glasgow.
What a difference! I'd accumulated enough HI points from prior travels to be comped on the room, AND at check-in in the staff upgraded me to an Executive Room - THANK YOU!!!
The room was spacious, accommodations very comfortable, staff GREAT - consistently helpful. There was a little problem with one of the windows in my room and someone from the front desk immediately came and fixed it for me. Everything was extremely clean and well organized. The bed was very comfortable, and after no sleep on a tiny lumpy mattress at the BW in Inverness it was a joy to be able to truly relax at the HI in Glasgow.
The hotel restaurant was very nice and served an extensive breakfast. A friend of mine in Glasgow also told me it had a good reputation there.
There was a small fee for in-room internet, but it was a very reliable and fast connection, so well worth it.
This place was great - and even better than I expected from a Holiday Inn, which is a chain I have found is normally pretty dependable. I was sorry that I couldn't stay longer this visit, but hope to be able to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SoCalTraveler2011
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on the Holiday Inn Theatreland.

The priority club points are a great way to earn points whilst using our hotels and I am glad to see they have gone to good use!

I was really pleased to hear that you thought that the staff were helpful and your comments will be passed on to them.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I choosed the hotel for the position and the fair price, typical of the HI Express. Once there I've found what I'd already found on other HI hotels. Rooms are small (at least for a family), but clean. The bathroom is nothing special, but clean... well, it's a HI Express !
But there are a couple of things that were a pleasant surprise: first of all the restaurant (La Bonne Auberge), it is really the best one I've tried in scotland (I've written another review). Second the receptionist: they are really useful, polite and nice... on the day we leaved the hotel I had a quick talk with a receptionist and I really enjoyed her naturally talking and her tips for glencoe ! I don't remember her name, but still a public thanks.
After all it's above the average value of other hi express.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank carlop_oOo
DanielSBell, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Theatreland.

I was delighted to see that the three main points in your review were the cleanliness of the rooms, the service and the food.

I will pass your comments onto the staff.

Thanks again for taking time out to review the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.