“It's a Holiday Inn”

Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
East Sussex
“It's a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is one of the better Hoiday Inns I have stayed in, good city centre location 2 mins walk from the bus station which is the cheapest method of getting from the airport the restaurant is excellent!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank SouthEastUK
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our city centre location.

It was also great to see that you had the pleasure of dining in La Bonne Auberge, which also rates highly on tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow in the future.

Alan Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Essex
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed in an Executive room which was spacious, spotlessly clean & had an extremely comfortable bed. It was rather noisy early in the mornings from outside when the bins were emptied, but then it is a city centre!
I enjoyed the food in the restaurant but after 2 nights the vegetarian choice was exhausted. I would advise they add more veggie dishes to the menu....
There was a fire evacuation whilst I was there (no fire - just a hot shower left on!), I was very impressed with the effiency of the evacuation, most reassuring.
The staff were lovely, most helpful at all times. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay here in Glasgow. I was also glad to read that you though the fire evacuation was efficient. We don’t have many fire alarms, but when we do it is taken as a "live" fire and I thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed 14th to17th June with hubby and No 2 son - here for my No.1 son's wedding. He stayed overnight as well, after his stag night on the 14th, prior to the wedding.

Now initially, we had a crisis with wedding flowers. Supposed to be delivered at 9am. The panic was setting in when it came to 10am and we were supposed to be leaving for registry office. The desk staff were more than helpful over this We couldn't get in touch with the shop and decided to set off - when the desk clerk advised 'they' were on their way, having mistakenly gone to the sister hotel round the corner.

Anyway, 210 was our room. It was fine - no great view but what does that matter? It was beautiful, smallish, very clean and very comfortable. Air con should you need it. Bathroom well fitted out. I currently have a cartilage problem but with the handles and rails it was easy to get in and out of the bath/shower. We availed ourselves of the 'freebies' and I confess I came home with an unused shower cap!! Well, who doesn't eh?

One small crit - I had ordered feather pillows....not supplied. So rang reception - could they please supply them for the next night. That was the night after the wedding and came in tired - checked and they had not been supplied - again. I made sure next morning that they would be there for me on my last night - they were.

Breakfast was absolutely perfect. Everything you could imagine was there. I will give one criticism ( won't take points off for it!) but ordering poached/fried eggs encountered a very long wait - approx. 15 minutes, and that was on each day we were there. Can't understand why as the rest is buffet - but eventually got used to it and worked around the delay. Must say - the poached eggs are done traditionally - in vinegar water! Long time since I tasted that! Delish!!

No. 2 son so enjoyed his breakfasts...lives alone in London so made sure he had a good feed before he left for the train on the 16th. Two kinds of sausage...bacon...beans...black pudding...toast...fresh juice...all followed by fresh fruit salad! I can't understand any criticisms of the breakfasts - and the staff were exemplary in their attention to detail.

I must congratulate management on their choice of public staff throughout. They were exceptionally well-mannered, keen to please, attired beautifully as befits a business yet holiday hotel. One would have thought we were in a top class London establishment...everything was beautifully presented whether it be drinks/coffee/tea/meals - whatever. Yet when chatting to the staff we were able to briefly have a laugh with them.

We dined on the Saturday night in the restaurant. One side dish was over-seasoned and I did comment to the waiter, as it was almost inedible. He graciously took it back to chef who agreed and 'had a word' with the individual concerned. It was instantly removed from our bill. But obviously that is a unique situation but had to say here, how well it was handled.

The bar staff are so bloomin' courteous as well! n fact, it's 'sir and madam' throughout.

I have to say though, having booked No. 2 son in at the same time as ourselves, he was meant to be next door - not that it mattered really. When he arrived, he was told that (for whatever reason) he had been upgraded and was on the third floor. I had cause to go to his room with him for something and wow! it was beautiful.

Huge desk - where he had his laptop in situe. TV screen above the desk opposite the bed but at a viewable angle. Fluffy white bath robes, white slippers in the drawer, CHOCOLATE WRAPPED biscuits beside the tea/coffee (we had plain but were very acceptable), a combined mini bar and fridge, and a room safe. He was sorry to leave!

We felt that for what we paid we received excellent service and high quality food. Everything we needed was supplied and attended to.
We have made many holiday trips throughout the world....many to USA where the level of service generally exceeds that of Europe...and frankly this Holiday Inn ranks equal to those of NY or LV.

We sometimes come through by public transport (don't drink and drive!!) to Glasgow (from Perth) for shows and have been in the habit of booking matinees, as transport home was unsuitable for the late show times. However, now we know we have a fantastic hotel, in the centre of theatreland, right next to the bus station - and round the corner from the Pavilion theatre - we will probably take advantage of this and make a decent weekend of it. Taxi to the SECC? No problem as they are outside the door.

You couldn't really wish for a better situated hotel - right on the shopping area and where you need to be. Go for it - you won't be disappointed - and I guarantee we'll be back - and so will you.

Room Tip: Can't comment on this - our was absolutely fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
DanielSBell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Irene,

Thank you for your detailed review of the hotel. I was delighted to read your comments and will certainly pass it on to the team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the 12th and 13th of June 2012. Firstly I have to say that the staff at reception and the cleaning staff were so helpful and courteous. The Hotel was immaculate, and the room I was in was spotless. I stayed in an executive room. The only slight nag was the noise from out side in the ally way as the bins were empited very early, but if i had slept with the windows closed you would not hear anything, I would highly recommend this hotel for people wanting a clean, comfortable and very central place to stay.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It was great to read that you found the staff helpful and courteous. We pass every tripadvisor review to the staff and I am sure this will put a smile on their face!

Thank you again for taking time out to post your review.

Glasgow
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I book this hotel, both for personal occasionally and business on a regular basis and cannot fault the staff for their attention. When booking for business, I am given excellent assistance and on the day of the booking, I am allocated a member of staff who is there to assist with anything required. I find the hotel is clean and the staff friendly on each occasion. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the management are, without reservation, extremely helpful in making your booking, whether personal or business, go without any hitches. A truly excellent hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It was great to read your comments to the staff. It is currently celebrate service week here at the Holiday Inn where we reward our staff for the great service that they provide and the feedback you have provided will be very warmly welcomed.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding reception at the weekend also stayed 2 nights. from the planning of the wedding to when we left we felt so looked after and all staff went out of their way to make our day so special. The food was amazing the bar and waiting staff were so helpful and friendly they could not do enough for us.also reception staff were very welcoming. We had a fabulous wedding thanks to holiday inn and their lovely staff.

• Stayed June 2012
DanielSBell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Leanne,

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.

I am delighted that you chose the hotel for your special day and that it went so well. Congratulations from myself and the team! I will certainly pass your comments on.

Warm regards

Isle of Skye
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just spent another long weekend here and it was excellent as usual - relaxing, comfortable and the staff are always friendly - I was meeting friends and they came back to the bar for a few drinks - perfect. The service is just right - helpful when needed but quiet and efficient.
Noise from the street doesn't bother me - I'm a Glaswegian!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
DanielSBell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed another stay at the hotel. I am lucky to have a great team at the hotel who really pride themselves on delivering great service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Regards