“Great hotel....Super location..!”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Another good stay in this well run hotel in the city of Glasgow. From the moment we arrived until our departure we were so well looked after. The location of the hotel is very central and is surrounded by bars, bistros, cafes, restaurants and theatres. I would recommend this hotel to all age groups looking for affordable quality accommodation in Glasgow.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JockScotland
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and that you were well looked after from the moment you walked in the door.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

I only spent one night but was very pleased with the service and the room. It has a great location-very close to the M8 junction 16 & fantastic for the city centre. Would be top of my list if I were to stay in Glasgow again.
A bit disapponted that wifi is only free for an hour though.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Steven D

Dear Steven,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and that we would be top of your list if you were to stay in Glasgow again!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Have stayed here many times over the years as its very convenient for centre. Decided to book a deluxe room despite usually being upgraded due to being a platinum card holder , were allocated a suite on arrival, this was no more a suite than fly in air, the only extra from a normal room was the seating in the window. Bed was only a double and I was very disappointed overall by room quality.
Met a customer for a meal and he arrived early, went down and tried to charge a drink to the room presenting my free drink letter , Barman was rude and demanded to see my card, asked him to call room and ask my wife to take it down, 2 minutes later he said aggressively you need to pay for your drinks now, felt lie a criminal and all this in front of my customer. Not told we needed to show the card when I arrived and no mention on the platinum member free drink letter, which by the way had both room and name written on it so the friendly Barman was more than aware of the fact I was a resident and had my name as well as having shown him my room key
Have always enjoyed staying here and found the staff very polite and welcoming, this time however was spoiled by Barmans attitude and a very average room disguised as a suite.
Stayed many times at both the Marriot and at the Crown Plaza and although not as convenient rooms are always better and king size beds make all the difference.
As usual breakfast was fine with the staff fairly attentive.

Room Tip: Avoid front of hotel , always a lot of noise from road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Trigger131186487
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Trigger131186487,

Thank you for your review of our property and being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum Member. It is delightful to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. However, please accept my apology that your stay was negatively affected due to the quality of the room you were given and staff's service not meeting your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thanks for the candid feedback and if there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here in recent months and once again, we were not disappointed. The staff are attentive, courteous and welcoming at all times, with a ready smile. The location is superb, with the theatres and cinemas within sight of the hotel and the shops are just a couple of minutes walk away. With a car park across the road (not the hotel's), this makes things very convenient. The rooms are very good,very clean, with very comfortable beds. Food was excellent, with plenty of choice from the buffet breakfast and a varied menu at the restaurant.
Atmosphere really good in the bar and restaurant, with a lot of theatre goers meeting here before and after shows. Highly recommended and we can't wait to come back soon.

Room Tip: On both recent occasions we have had a good room. There may be upgrades available so don't forge...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review of the hotel!

I was delighted to read your comments, especially about our staff. This week in the hotel is celebrate service week and I will be sure to share your review at our celebratory lunch for our staff.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I had my 30th Birthday bash here at the weekend and I could not fault the service of the fabulous staff. Thank you to Ela, Katy & Samantha for looking after us so well. The food was fantastic, the function suite was ideal and everyone had a fab night, thank you so much to all the staff for such excellent service. 10 out of 10

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeahR78
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and will make sure to pass your comments on to Ela, Katy and Samantha, I know they will be delighted with such high praise!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Booked the day before on with a online agent, who couldn't give us their (for an extra fee)advertised upgrade, on arrival Receptionist Shona happily provided us with a penthouse room for a reasonable fee in addition to our DBB rate. The room was very acceptable and we even remembered not to add to much bubble bath to the spa bath.
Any other requests were met quickly by Receptionist Katherine, all the hotel staff we came across were pleasant, relaxed & efficient. The meal was a 3 course table d' hote served in the busy La Bonne Auberge, service was again pleasant, relaxed, & efficient the food was to a very high standard, which also summarised the whole restaurant supervised by Sean.
We regularly have short stays in hotels around Scotland and have paid a lot more for lesser service and standards and are glad to be able to post a positive review.

Room Tip: Ask the staff.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments and will make sure to pass your comments on to Shona and Kathryn, I know they will be as chuffed as I am!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here on business trip to Glasgow. The hotel would have been rated higher but on arrival I looked out of the window to find several gas bottles scattered on roof directly outside. They were cleared up immediately I reported it to reception BUT they shouldn't have been there in the first place. The person on reception told me that they were empty and left by contractors but some still had the plastic seal on the taps (got pictures!) so.......Holiday Inn management please check that contractors are doing their job correctly. The rest of the stay at the hotel was okay but the room was smaller than other Holiday Inn's I have stayed in and the room was a bit noisy so only average.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I was surprised to read that you found the hotel on average with other Holiday Inns, as you can see from most of the reviews on this site that we usually rate above par in terms of service and product. Thank you for bringing the bottles to our attention, I was glad to read that we got them cleared up immediately.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.