“A nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice to stay here again - that says it all. This is a very nice hotel in every way. A warm welcome, helpful staff, well located, close to shopping streets and nice to have an Italian restaurant next to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and rated us 5 stars.

We look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Alan Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here back in April for 4 Nights. The hotel is situated well. Not too far from the airport either. Taxi cost about £25 each way. Other than that everything is in walking distance but you needn't go far if you're after good food. The restaraunt La Bonne Auberge provide an excellent range of dishes and at a decent price for the quality you receive and the service they provide. Quite possibly one of the best I've been to so far.
The room was basic but lovely throughout always clean and immaculate.
Staff are incredibly friendly especially the night porter; I never got his name but his Customer Service skills should be used as an example. Overall really pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank iolite85

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your in depth review of the hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time here, it was also great to read that you enjoyed the full La Bonne Auberge experience. To say it may be the best you have been to is high praise indeed, thank you.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Theatre Land Glasgow Scotland for 11 days, that gave me a pretty good idea about how this hotel is managed and how good the staff is on a day to day basis. Let me start by saying that every day I was impressed with the management at hotel I had very positive experiences with the hotel personnel and with the housekeeping personnel collectively and found them to be absolutely suburb. My room was near perfectly cleaned. When I noticed one of the worker shining the bathroom faucet I experienced a sight of relief and said to myself I'm home! After 26 years in the military I'm definitely qualified to find any dirt hiding out in a space. The cleaning team (housekeeping) always made sure my quarters were ready for inspection. My room passed everyday with flying colors. I expected my quarter at the hotel to be maintained to the highest standards and it was.
The restaurant was also top notch with a very good menu and there were specials everyday. Also noteworthy we're the very substantial breakfast. I'm going to miss them! Personnel on the front desk were very helpful and cheerfully assist me with any assistance I needed. Honorable mention here are Daniel and Andrew front desk personnel who were determine to accomplish any mission assigned. The hotel was my island for 11 very special days. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger said -----I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your in depth review of the hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your fortnight here and have shared your comment with the team, I know they will be delighted as I am.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good location in city centre and ideally over the road from a multi storey car park which we used (£8.50 for an overnight stay). Rooms fine, reception helpful, but breakfast bizarre. Usual cereals and juice and toasting machines. However what amused us was the plates you had too use for the cooked breakfast ingredients ( beans, scrambled eggs and very cheap and nasty sausages). They were the size of a saucer which made for interesting dining, a bit like trying to eat a meal on a plane. It was so ridiculous that i was surrounded by umpteen plates. I don't know what the rationale behind this is...stop you eating too much? If so it worked, but it also etches an image of breakfasts for tiny people on your brain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to read you like the location at Theatreland. I believe you have posted your review to the wrong location and I have forwarded this review to the Holiday Inn Express next door.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great staff, really nice, car park over the road is good if you only need overnight parking. Good bar and restaurant, stayed for business and it worked really well. We had a twin room that was a bit tight and not enough hanging/storage space.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff really nice, we look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here in June-July 2013 during the Cheerleaders European Championship in Glasgow and were very pleased with the hotel. The location was perfect,right in the center, 2 minutes to the buss-station and 10 minutes to the train station. We took a bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow because it was much cheaper than train and back from Glasgow straight to the Edinburgh airport which was so convenient. There are big department stores and shopping streets just around the corner and all the sights in a walking distance.
Our room faced a side street and was quiet enough for a good sleep, room and bathroom were a bit small but were comfortable and clean, the double bed was very comfortable. TV worked very slowly and had only very few canals to watch.
Buffet-breakfast was good and tasty. There was a restaurant in the lobby with some special offers but we did not try it so cannot comment we had just a drink there in the evening. The staff was friendly and overall expression was very good. Value for money. Would definitely stay there. again

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back seem to be more quiet than the ones facing the main street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for money. All our TVs have a selection of channels including all the Sky Sports channels.

Thank you again for taking time to review the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant here and it was very convenient. A trip to the comedy club was great nearby and steps away. The whole feel of the hotel though was a touch dated and tired. As part of such a big chain, it seemed that although some areas were fairly freshly decorated, others felt a little drab. some of the room furnishings had marks/chips etc. I am told by staff that often there are special dinner and room deals and such which would probably have made our stay feel much better value, but unfortunately for the full rate that we paid it felt a little expensive and not as luxurious as we would have expected for the money.

Room Tip: Try to get an all inclusive weekend/dinner bed and breakfast rate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Megan,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am sorry that you didn’t find us value for money. We do offer discounted 21 day advanced saver rates that can include your dinner and are very competitive. We have a busy redecoration schedule and all areas are redecorated throughout the year.

Again thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.