I have stayed at this hotel many times on business and leisure.
It is a good standard and the restaurant is good value for money with service at a good level.
Last weekend however we stayed for a shopping trip on the third floor (room 305) and the noise from the christmas parties in the function room was so bad it kept us awake until 1.00am at least with the noise level being so bad it was easy even in the room to identify the songs!
We were not advised of this at check in and having paid £139 for a 'feature room' there did not appear to be much of a price concession for the impact of this. I appreciate that it is the party season but the facilities of this hotel are limited as a function facility and it showed at the weekend.
The worst part however was on checkout I mentioned the issue to the receptionist who replied with a straight face 'was the music good'. Whilst I applaud her sense of humour it wasn't really professional.
I am a little disappointed that at this time of year the hotel puts a little bit of profit gained from functions ahead of the comfort of paying guests who have stayed there many times before.
Sadly it will be the Hilton next time as I would rather have a 10 minute walk into town with a good nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland