We made a simple mistake. When searching for a Glasgow hotel we found several well-known chains with rooms available for under £70. The Holiday Inn was £100. We thought that we would treat ourselves to a bit of extra comfort and pay the extra. Big mistake. The positives are that it is in a very good location, within walking distance of most central Glasgow attractions, and that the rooms have been nicely refurbished recently. But the rooms are much smaller than the norm. The hotel is on a very busy corner with traffic lights and is close to the police station. Sleep was impossible. There was a party function inside the hotel which BLARED loud music until 12.45 am, and then the noise of loud pedestrians (talking and shouting) outside until 3.30 am, plus traffic that stopped outside the windows with engines running while waiting for the lights to change all through the night plus police cars with sirens wailing all through the night. The noise was so intrusive that both my wife and I suspected that the window was open and checked it twice. We have nothing against Holiday Inn and regularly use their hotels, but never again at this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland