My room was very small, the double bed I had requested filled most of it. It was a corner room with two windows, which made it nice and light but left only space for a little corner wardrobe (lots of good hangers) with a small TV above it. Nowhere to put luggage after I had unpacked it on the bed, no armchair or coffee table. On the plus side, the hairdryer was by a good mirror over the shelf that doubles as a workbench/dressing table so I did not have to dry my hair standing up in the bathroom as is all too common. Tea/coffee making equipment but no safe nor fridge/minibar.
I was very chilly all the time despite wrestling with the controls for the air con/heating. I was glad of the duvet, something I usually find too hot. Despite the two windows overlooking a busy road, I was not too disturbed by traffic noise as I had feared from reading earlier reviews. The mattress was good but the pillows were horrible (synthetic).
Bathroom has the shower inside the bath which I find hazardous and (extraordinarily) NO TOILETRIES apart from liquid soap in dispensers on the wall.
Free wifi was included in my package but otherwise is charged after the first hour/day unless you belong to their loyalty club (worth joining for that alone).
Breakfast was good, a British buffet with some dishes (e.g. eggs, kipper fillets) cooked to order but dinner and lunch in the same venue (La Bonne Auberge) were average (see separate review). The eating area looks more like a pub/bar than a restaurant.
Reception staff were welcoming and efficient on arrival and check-out, and my luggage was securely stored while I was out for the morning. However they were totally absent when I was leaving mid-afternoon and needed a taxi; I was rather stressed as I could not find a taxi on then street and feared missing my pre-booked train.
I was booked here purely as the hotel is very close to the venue for my morning engagement (I was not paying my own bill).
Overall a disappointing experience for a well regarded chain. I expected better from my Holiday Inn experiences in other countries.
There is a Holiday Inn Express next door which may be better value. I have stayed in the past at the Millenium which is a longer walk from where I was working but in a different league altogether, and I shall ask to stay there the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland