Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
  • Pool
ABode Glasgow(Glasgow)
  • Room Service
1,129 results
All reviewsla bonne aubergecity centrewest nile streetbus stationconcert hallupgraded to an executivebuchanan streetcomfortable roomsexcellent locationcar parkreception stafftwin roomthird floorlovely roombooked this hotelexcellent breakfastwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2009

at the Holday Inn Express. This hotel is a bit tired. The rooms are inferior to the Holiday inn Express (stained and cracked sinks), cramped room - TV on top of a wardrobe - Oh my poor neck. It's not bad just a fair bit inferior to the holiday inn express. Nice bar - didn't try the restaurant. I seemed to upset one of the (French?) bar staff with my bad French pronunciation - she was a bit snotty.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
HolidayInnGlasgow, Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2009

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to learn that you felt the rooms in our sister property were superior to the Holiday Inn. The Express by Holiday Inn does have some newer rooms in the extension, however the condition and cleanliness of the rooms in both properties are of paramount importance and I will follow up your comments with our housekeeping & maintenance teams. On a positive note I am pleased you liked our bar area, and I am sure your pronunciation did not really upset any of our team.

Reviewed 18 January 2009

Small room ,A/C failure , and a unpleasent recepcionist with terrible English-Jukab as I remember..I wouldn't recommend..

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayInnGlasgow, Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2009

I am very sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable visit to the hotel. Whilst our rooms are compact, they do have all the facilities you would require, and we do have a selection of room types available including executive rooms which are larger.

The receptionist to which you refer is usually very popular with our guests, so I was surprised by your comments. From your brief review, it is difficult for me to investigate the problems, but should you wish to contact the hotel regarding this, I would be happy to look into this in more detail.

Reviewed 20 December 2008

The Holiday Inn Theatreland is set in a great location in Glasgow city centre. Overall, the hotel is what I would describe as good enough. The bedroom was a good size and in a quiet part of the building as I had requested.

But the interior and fittings and fixtures were a bit dated - old TV on top of the wardrobe, towel heater in the bathroom not working and heating from an aircon unit that heated the area directly under it but nowhere else! This issue of the heating is probably the only thing that would deter me from staying at this hotel again. Glasgow is a wonderful city, but it is a cold and often wet city and the lack of good circulation in the heating left me pretty cold at night.

The second gripe was the lack of clear information from staff about how to get to my room. I checked in in the evening. The receptionist was really pleasant but she didn't really explain how I should get to my room. She waved vaguely in the direction of a corridor and then she was gone. I then spent the next 5 minutes carting my luggage about trying to work out how to operate the lift. As it turns it you have to swipe your room key - but it would have been handy for someone to have told me that or better still helped me to the lift with my luggage and shown me?? A small thing I know but it did leave me feeling a bit un-looked after.

Finally, there was a very odd note waiting for me on my bed saying don't drink the water and offering a drink in the brasserie (see the picture). Given that the receptionist had not mentioned any problem with the water and there was a kettle in the room and no bottled water on offer, I am completely baffled about what the note meant! Was it meant as a jokey note - saying come on and have a drink on us? Or was it really there to warn about an impending public health issue? No idea!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank redsandyboy
HolidayInnGlasgow, Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for a quiet room, and I trust that you had an enjoyable visit to the city.

Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues you experienced. These will be followed up with the maintenance manager to ensure they are resolved - particularly regarding the inefficient heating in the room. I would also like to apologise for the lack of information & direction given to you upon on arrival. The lifts are operated by room keys only, for added security for our guests, however this process should have been fully explained to you by reception as part of the check in procedure.

The 'Don't drink the water' leaflet to which you refer, is actually a very popular promotional offer offering you a free drink when you dine in the restaurant - I'm sorry if this was not clear to you.

Reviewed 18 October 2008

This hotel just keeps getting better every time I stay there. Booked the junior suite and it was lovely, only thing missing was a sofa but it did have a window seat which wasn't really appropriate for watching the tv. Don't think the housekeeping staff were always aware that used glasses, cuos etc should be changed or cleaned daily but not a major issue.
Great food in La Bonne Auberge as well as in the bar. Service is faultless and is always given with a smile. Great selection and excellent value for money.
The hotel is centrally located so was great for getting to the trains stations and the bus station in addition to the great selection of shops almost across the road.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayInnGlasgow, Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2008

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your kind comments regarding the staff and the service levels you experienced. We take great pride in our service in both La Bonne Auberge and the hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

I was however concerned to read your comments regarding housekeeping and I have spoken with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that the necessary re-training is carried out, as this is not representative of our normally high standard in this department. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming you experienced on this occasion.

Reviewed 5 October 2008

We have just returned from a weekend in Glasgow. We are a group of six ladies who have worked together and like to take a weekend break together each year, We stayed at the Holiday Inn and have had a wonderful stay there. The hotel is central for everything and just a 10 mins walk from Central train station. We bought the package for a meal and cinema tickets for Mamma Mia. The Cineworld Cinema is straight across the road, and the view from the top floors, of Glasgow at night, are a must see. The food was excellent in the hotel and everywhere was spotless. The rooms were very clean with everything provided including an iron and ironing board. The staff were all friendly and efficient and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Glasgow for a few days. Do buy the tickets for the Sightseeing tour bus, at a cost of just eight pounds on the internet they last for 2 days and are excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your weekend at to the hotel and were able to take full advantage of the hotels excellent location in the heart of the city.

It is great to hear that you also enjoyed our Mama Mia package, this has certainly been one of our most popular offers in the restaurant.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.