“Great stay at a quiet time”
Review of Campanile Glasgow

Campanile Glasgow
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights in the lull after new year, nothing on at SECC Hydro etc, so good price.
Great stay, clean, I got a car parking space twice a day and parking is right outside hotel front door, no random parking in the dark. Staff nice and friendly, had to wait a while at reception.
Pizza wasn't anything special but breakfast was nice, good croissants!

Room Tip: You could ask to view the river rather than the multi storey car park
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Moraymum5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed your croissants. I would like to apologise for your wait at our reception desk, the team are usually attentive and we aim to keep guest wait times to a minimum where possible.

I hope to see you again soon and would recommend you contact the hotel directly to ensure you get the best possible price.

William Furie
Management Team

There are newer reviews for Campanile Glasgow

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed with my partner for 3 nights from the 28-31st December. Upon arriving I had a shower and within 30 seconds it was overflowing and flooding the bathroom floor. I decided to pull the plug stopper out and was horrified to be covered with clumps of thick hair and black gunge from the filthy clogged plug hole. I complained at reception, however they were so understaffed that I was told that nobody was likely to be able to sort it out until the next day. I was very unimpressed.

The lack of pressure in the toilet made it difficult to flush. The sink in the room blocked easily so it was difficult to use it.

The food in the restaurant was decidedly average.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJBelle
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear SJBelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We value feedback good or otherwise and it is with such feedback we can improve our services.

I must say I truly am disappointed in your review and whilst I am sad your stay unfortunately did not go without problems, I feel your review may mislead others using this platform when making a hotel choice.

I am aware of the issues you raised in your review because you spoke to me personally about them the day before you departed, But on consulting my reception team I am told when you complained original they offered you to move your room which you refused, they did apologise to you at the time, You then raised the issue of your shower with me in person at reception I apologised again to you and I advised you that is not our usual standard of cleanliness and I said I would reflect this in your bill which was done.

Just as an additional point which I did not make you aware of because it was not relevant at the time. All the shower trays were replaced less than 12 months ago by the hotel to improve the customer experience unfortunately they were fitted in-correctly by the company contracted to do the work. Due to this it some times cause’s them on some occasions to overflow we are at present working back through the rooms again to re-fitting them so the flow and drain is right. This will also stop what happen and the build up in the drain area this work will be finished shortly.

Having checked your room immediately after your departure, I found no other defects with the room.

I am happy to discuss this further should you wish and you can contact me at the hotel.

The Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013

You can cross the road to the entrance of the new Hydro Arena which was very convenient for a concert we were attending. Not the cleanest hotel with mould on the bathroom ceiling and the bedding had black marks on them. The room heating appeared not to work but the room itself was warm enough. We did not pre book a meal and were lucky to get a table when we arrived. The evening meal was quite good as was the continental breakfast next morning but I think the restaurant was on the small side and some customers were disappointed at having to wait until tables were cleared. The dinner and breakfast were of good value with limited choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Very good location for Concert hall Armidillo and SECC. Rooms are basic but suitable for price. The car park is ideal and the breakfast was very good value. It is ideal for a weekend stay and we would use it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Clean, well kept, great beds lovely breakfast and friendly, helpful staff
If you're going to the Hydro, this is the place, literally just across the road.
One tip, if you want to eat pre show, book a table by phone a couple of days in advance, don't leave it until arrival as we did!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank keithpar
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Keithpar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Campanile Glasgow.

I am delighted you found the hotel to be to your liking and enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

William Furie
Duty Manager

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We booked a room to go to a concert at the SECC Glasgow and found it very easy to find and convenient for the SECC but the room was small and cold I had to get someone from reception to come to the room to switch the heating on then found out the switch was hidden at the back of a fitted unit, there was black mould on the bathroom ceiling.

On our arrival where told no bar snacks available as it was a concert night so we grabbed a snack at the venue.
Didn't bother with breakfast as we thought it was overpriced and there was queue to get in the dining room.

On the upside we found the staff very polite and helpful and that's really the only upside to the Camanile Glasgow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Basic hotel small room for a double but warm and comfortable no complaints for the price. Breakfast good choice £6 for continental probably the going rate at most hotels! Staff very pleasant , helpful and efficient. Overall no complaints.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo