“Peter pan break”

Campanile Glasgow
Ranked #60 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
“Peter pan break”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel and great value. Staff very friendly and helpful. great bar and restaurant on site. Free parking and wifi. Altogether a great base for a weekend break. Not far from the centre of glasgow so great for shopping and directly across from the hydro. Very quiet location and would recommend to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 July 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

Best Regards

James McDaid
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel in Dec 2013. We were travelling at night and had a little difficulty finding the location even with a GPS as we were new to the place and did not know the right exits. As a landmark, look out for Hilton which is right next to the hotel. The room was comfortable. Basic amenities and free wi-fi was available. Continental breakfast was provided as complimentary and was filling. A full English breakfast was also available at an additional cost. Free parking for guests was also provided by the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Itshitchhiker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear you had some difficulty finding us.

It seems like you had an enjoyable stay once you arrived and settled in, free wifi is always great at hotels.

I do hope you will return in the future to visit again.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Very good price, clean and practical room and right next to the SECC etc. Decent breakfast, free parking a bonus. All the staff that i spoke to were polite and helpful. In fact service and stay were a lot better than some hotels that you would pay double the price for. Would definitely return and recommend

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Duncinmanila,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and found your room to be "practical". I am also glad you had a great breakfast as this makes a great start to the day.

I hope to see you again soon.

Angus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was clean and staff were friendly. The room was bright and clean although the heating in the room wasn't working.Just lucky the hotel was warm anyway. We had an evening meal which was nice. Breakfast in the morning was good. It was a buffet with plenty of choice to suit everyone. The Hotel is next door to a restaurant and across the road from another one, the SECC and the Hydro. Car park right outside hotel which is free.

Dear Jacquie525,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I looked into the heating in your room and found this to be working well, some guests get confused with the heating and the "heat" function on the air conditioning panel, these run separately and the heating is controlled by the wall heater. Our reception team are always on hand to assist guests where possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights in the lull after new year, nothing on at SECC Hydro etc, so good price.
Great stay, clean, I got a car parking space twice a day and parking is right outside hotel front door, no random parking in the dark. Staff nice and friendly, had to wait a while at reception.
Pizza wasn't anything special but breakfast was nice, good croissants!

Room Tip: You could ask to view the river rather than the multi storey car park
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Moraymum5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed your croissants. I would like to apologise for your wait at our reception desk, the team are usually attentive and we aim to keep guest wait times to a minimum where possible.

I hope to see you again soon and would recommend you contact the hotel directly to ensure you get the best possible price.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my partner for 3 nights from the 28-31st December. Upon arriving I had a shower and within 30 seconds it was overflowing and flooding the bathroom floor. I decided to pull the plug stopper out and was horrified to be covered with clumps of thick hair and black gunge from the filthy clogged plug hole. I complained at reception, however they were so understaffed that I was told that nobody was likely to be able to sort it out until the next day. I was very unimpressed.

The lack of pressure in the toilet made it difficult to flush. The sink in the room blocked easily so it was difficult to use it.

The food in the restaurant was decidedly average.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SJBelle
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear SJBelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We value feedback good or otherwise and it is with such feedback we can improve our services.

I must say I truly am disappointed in your review and whilst I am sad your stay unfortunately did not go without problems, I feel your review may mislead others using this platform when making a hotel choice.

I am aware of the issues you raised in your review because you spoke to me personally about them the day before you departed, But on consulting my reception team I am told when you complained original they offered you to move your room which you refused, they did apologise to you at the time, You then raised the issue of your shower with me in person at reception I apologised again to you and I advised you that is not our usual standard of cleanliness and I said I would reflect this in your bill which was done.

Just as an additional point which I did not make you aware of because it was not relevant at the time. All the shower trays were replaced less than 12 months ago by the hotel to improve the customer experience unfortunately they were fitted in-correctly by the company contracted to do the work. Due to this it some times cause’s them on some occasions to overflow we are at present working back through the rooms again to re-fitting them so the flow and drain is right. This will also stop what happen and the build up in the drain area this work will be finished shortly.

Having checked your room immediately after your departure, I found no other defects with the room.

I am happy to discuss this further should you wish and you can contact me at the hotel.

The Manager
Mintlaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

You can cross the road to the entrance of the new Hydro Arena which was very convenient for a concert we were attending. Not the cleanest hotel with mould on the bathroom ceiling and the bedding had black marks on them. The room heating appeared not to work but the room itself was warm enough. We did not pre book a meal and were lucky to get a table when we arrived. The evening meal was quite good as was the continental breakfast next morning but I think the restaurant was on the small side and some customers were disappointed at having to wait until tables were cleared. The dinner and breakfast were of good value with limited choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

Best Regards