“Handy for City Centre and SECC”
Review of Campanile Glasgow

Campanile Glasgow
Ranked #60 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Largs, United Kingdom
“Handy for City Centre and SECC”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights while attending BRS Conference at the SECC. Rooms adequate if quite small. Breakfasts OK but nothing to write home about. The rooms were quiet and beds comfortable. Bar was small and not very welcoming. Staff were OK. Not particularly friendly but fairly efficient.

Room Tip: Rooms on river side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ewenmac
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 July 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

Best Regards

James McDaid
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Bergen
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A medium sized hotel (4 floors) with limited facilities but pleasant rooms and bar/breakfast/dinner area. When arriving there i was informed that the hotel was in the process of changing beds, so some disruption might occur.. After a pleasant night in a bit tired bed, I went out touristing. When I arrived in the afternoon the bed was replaced with a new one!
I complemented the staff on the switch, and they said that everything had been a chaos, with delayed deliveries. They looked tired, but gave still excellent service!
Breakfast was excellent, the room was clean and orderly.
I tried the dinner facilities, and the food was good and reasonably priced, but still a bit typically hotel menu. In addition there are 3 restaurants less than 100 m from the hotel.
I left the hotel with a feedling of satisfaction and value for money.
I will definitely stay there again for my next visit to Glasgow.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for the kind comments about the team, they did have a challenging day when we replaced all the beds in the hotel. As a team we are focused on the customer and try to improve all areas of that experience. I am very happy to hear that you a good experience.
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was ok. Room size could have been bigger, and the lightshades near the headrest of the bed kept hitting my head / arm. The bathroom toilet was not clean. On the plus side - bed was comfortable, however, sleep was hindered by the constant noise of other guests. Location wise - the hotel is based in the west end of Glasgow, and beside the SECC (Exhibition Centre). Public transport - handy train station nearby, however bus service was really quite bad. Staff were friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Corner end room would be better and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ms S
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Campanile Glasgow SECC.

I am sorry tp hear there were some factors of your stay that didnt go aswell as we would have liked. I am surprised you found your bathroom to be unclean as this is very abnormal and our housekeepers usually work to very high stadards.

We have recently just replaced all our beds, so I am delighted to hear you found them to be confortable but again I am disappointed to hear you had a broken sleep due to the noise of others.

I would like to reassure you that we do strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay and would hope that the issues you have experienced during your stay do not hinder you from returning.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while attending an event at the BBC studio. We got a double room with continental breakfast for £45. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, facilities included a hairdryer, tea & coffee & kettle. Free parking is also a bonus.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fiajy

I am delighted to hear you and your husband found the hotel to be ideal and a good match to your requirements.

We have recently just replaced all our beds and its great to receive some feedback from these.

I hope you will return in the future.

Bo'ness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel last month and was disgusted with the service. The shower in the room leaked into the bedroom and when I complained to the help desk I was told there was a problem with the sealant around the base.
But...................instead of moving me to another room I was told not to use the shower and if I did want a shower they would arrange for me to go to another part of the hotel where i could use one.
This left me completely speechless! Was I supposed to just wander around the hotel wrapped in a towel or what?
Didn't even get an offer of discount for the inconvenience and ended up next morning not having a shower.
On complaining to the head office I was just told that they had sent my compaint to the manager to have him rectify the room!!!!! The ROOM!!!! Then they had the cheek to say they hoped it would not deter me from using their hotel again. Bloody right it will!
Happy to take your money but wont do anything in return. Would rather sleep on a park bench than use this place again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gordon4892

I am extremely disappointed to read your review. I would like to investigate this matter further and as such, would appreciate if you could contact the hotel to provide contact details.

I have left my details below and look forward to hearing from you.

E: Glasgow@campanile.com
T: 0141 287 7700

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked a family room, for 2 adults, very squashed! Would hate to see a family stuck in room 415, carpark view and no room to swing a cat! Would be too claustrophobic for a family. Room was clean, but no hand towels, only 2 bath towels which had seen much better days, old and discoloured grey! Phoned down about meals, was advised first come first serve basis. Went down to see lots of empty chairs, got a table and was advised that they fish and steak pie were off the menu as well as CHIPS!! The poor family sitting across from us were very unhappy as they already ordered drinks and were trying to find something their kids would eat. They warned us not to book as half the things of the menu were not available. Oh and hairdryer was useless, glad we brought our own. Poor service from a Hotel on a Sunday evening at 5pm. Even more so if they were to charge the original £120 asked for the room.
I previously stayed here and was pleasantly surprised. Please get your act together, a total let down this time. So much for my birthday treat. Disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angela M

I am sorry to hear your recent stay did not go to as well as we would have hoped.

As a company, we removed hand towels from all our hotels in order to reduce our carbon footprint, however we always have a supply of towels available on request from the reception desk.

Our restaurant does not operate a reservation system, I am glad to hear you managed to get a table.

I believe the Sunday in question was during the dancing on ice event at the Hydro. This event took us by surprise as in previous years our restaurant did not receive the large numbers that we did during this event. This resulted in a shortfall of food and a limited menu. This is a lesson we have learnt and I would personally like to apologise for any inconvenience this caused to you. The team on the night acted promptly and looked after the guests they had to the best of their ability.

As you mention, you have stayed in the past so you would know this is not a normal shortfall for us and I sincerely hope this does not deter you from staying again in the future.

aberdeen
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Comfortable and with first class staff Only two downsides...We arrived on the day of a big show at the nearby SECC which we were also attending. I could see that there would be a lot of people eating there at 5pm and asked to book a table for 5pm and was politely told that this was not allowed on show days and was on a first come first served basis. I accepted the explanation until half an hour later a reserved notice was placed on a table. As I was seated a few feet from it I naturally was annoyed at double standards and went off to a nearby restaurant to eat. The next morning I went down to breakfast and the manager was standing by the arrival stance working. No smile, no "someone will be with you shortly" and I stood for 5 to 10 minutes being ignored when manager pushed in front of us to barge past without so much as a good morning. All other staff were excellent and he should perhaps learn from them how to deal with customers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear you found our staff to be “first class” and the hotel to be comfortable.

I am sorry your stay has been let down by the 2 factors you mentioned above.

The restaurant works on a first come, first served basis and reservations are generally not taken, however there are the small number of times that we would reserve a table for our elderly customers or disabled customers that are limited on where they could go, we also exclude families with small children from this.

I can only apologise for the delay at breakfast time.

I do hope you will return and stay in the future.