“The room was horrific!!”
Review of Campanile Glasgow

Campanile Glasgow
Ranked #65 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Basically, we had booked this room 3 months before our arrival, and instead of keeping us a good room. We had no pre-booking priority at all!! We got papped into their disabled room.
I found that the room was grubby, the big open shower room was barely clean! And we couldn't work the heaters? Reception just basically laughed at us?
Never staying here again! And we have stayed in Glasgow since, just not here!

It's a real shame because location is perfect for SECC and the new Hydro.
And the staff in the bar and restaurant were superb!
Lovely place and location. Ashame about the rooms and the organisation of the whole thing!

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay. If you would like to discuss this further please call on 01412877700 and I can investigate this matter further

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here last night and was very disappointed. First of all though, the staff at reception when we arrived and when we checked out were great, very efficient and very helpful. However, the room was another thing all together. The room was very basic which I expected for a budget hotel, however the bathroom was very unclean. There was rust around many of the rails in the bathroom including the towel rail, the windowsill looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, had lots of marks all over it, the grout on the floor was black in lots of places and the toilet seat was loose. The beds were comfy enough but there was black marks on the sheets on one of the beds. There was also a massive stain on the floor in the corridor. Our room was on the second floor and we had an awful sleep as there was a lot of noise from other guests very late in the night. As friendly as the staff were, there is no way I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn2406

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This budget hotel is convenient for hydro secc etc and also has free parking. However due to location is often overpriced for the quality you receive. Sometimes you don't really have much of a choice. The main complaint I have is smoking in the rooms. I stayed here in November arrived back late and the room corridor was filled with. The smell of cigarette smoke which filtered under the door into my room. This is a blatant disregard of the UK non smoking policies I am also asthmatic. We went to complain and dealt with the person on duty who asked what floor we were on (1) and shrugged his shoulders and said oh that'll be the chef he stays on that corridor!!! Like that makes it okay? We spoke to the receptionist on check out who profusely apologised and said he would sort that out etc. Therefore when needing to stay in this location this time 10th May I did not think this would be an issue! Well I was wrong again I was located on the first floor and again on returning from my function the corridor was filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. It is disgraceful to allow guests to do this and if the hotel is allowing a staff member to do it this is even worse! Would never stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Francesca M
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasent experience. We are a Non Smoking Hotel and do Abide by the UK Non smoking Policies that are currently inplace in the UK. I can only apologise in how this complaint was dealt with the comment that was made was way off the mark concerning a chef smoking. I have investigated and have tried to contact you to give you this feedback. Unfortunately we do occasionally get a few customers who break these laws and we have procedures to follow when we come acroos this sort of situation, the team member who made this comment has been spoken to and reminded of our policies and procedures for handling smoking complaints.

Once again I offer my sincere apologies and hope you will use us future, if this is the case please contact me personally and I will make sure your stay is a pleasent one.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

this hotel is good value for money in as much as thte location is excellent .However we paid over (90 for one night room only which we thought a liitle steep .The room was small but vrey clean but the little things like a biscuit on the room tray and no toiletries no water glass and only one towel each in the bathroom was a bit stingy.and to charge !1 for a 35gr packet of crisps in the bar is extortion.
The staff were very pleasant

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen40-93
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights while attending BRS Conference at the SECC. Rooms adequate if quite small. Breakfasts OK but nothing to write home about. The rooms were quiet and beds comfortable. Bar was small and not very welcoming. Staff were OK. Not particularly friendly but fairly efficient.

Room Tip: Rooms on river side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ewenmac

Reviewed 9 May 2014

A medium sized hotel (4 floors) with limited facilities but pleasant rooms and bar/breakfast/dinner area. When arriving there i was informed that the hotel was in the process of changing beds, so some disruption might occur.. After a pleasant night in a bit tired bed, I went out touristing. When I arrived in the afternoon the bed was replaced with a new one!
I complemented the staff on the switch, and they said that everything had been a chaos, with delayed deliveries. They looked tired, but gave still excellent service!
Breakfast was excellent, the room was clean and orderly.
I tried the dinner facilities, and the food was good and reasonably priced, but still a bit typically hotel menu. In addition there are 3 restaurants less than 100 m from the hotel.
I left the hotel with a feedling of satisfaction and value for money.
I will definitely stay there again for my next visit to Glasgow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the kind comments about the team, they did have a challenging day when we replaced all the beds in the hotel. As a team we are focused on the customer and try to improve all areas of that experience. I am very happy to hear that you a good experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was ok. Room size could have been bigger, and the lightshades near the headrest of the bed kept hitting my head / arm. The bathroom toilet was not clean. On the plus side - bed was comfortable, however, sleep was hindered by the constant noise of other guests. Location wise - the hotel is based in the west end of Glasgow, and beside the SECC (Exhibition Centre). Public transport - handy train station nearby, however bus service was really quite bad. Staff were friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Corner end room would be better and quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ms S
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Campanile Glasgow SECC.

I am sorry tp hear there were some factors of your stay that didnt go aswell as we would have liked. I am surprised you found your bathroom to be unclean as this is very abnormal and our housekeepers usually work to very high stadards.

We have recently just replaced all our beds, so I am delighted to hear you found them to be confortable but again I am disappointed to hear you had a broken sleep due to the noise of others.

I would like to reassure you that we do strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay and would hope that the issues you have experienced during your stay do not hinder you from returning.

Kind Regards;