“pleasant stay”

Ranked #60 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Dunoon
“pleasant stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here with friends to attend a concert at the hydro. We had rooms on 3 floor. I found it was very clean. Bed very comfortable. It's a great hotel if attending concert at secs or hydro but can be very noisy at end of show. Ask for room doesn't face car park at hydro. As it's noisy at end of concerts. Overall a pleasant stay. Staff friendly and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask room that doesn't face car park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 25 July 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
London
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference at the nearby SECC. The room was basic, which I was expecting, but it looked a little care-worn. The curtains were hanging off the wall as one of the rails had come loose and there was a fair bit of dust around the room.
Having said that, the guys on the check-in were very good, even managing to find me a room when I turned up hours before check-in opened.
For the SECC, it's a perfectly fine venue, but don't expect any frills.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay. If you would like to discuss this further please call on 01412877700 and I can investigate this matter further

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Basically, we had booked this room 3 months before our arrival, and instead of keeping us a good room. We had no pre-booking priority at all!! We got papped into their disabled room.
I found that the room was grubby, the big open shower room was barely clean! And we couldn't work the heaters? Reception just basically laughed at us?
Never staying here again! And we have stayed in Glasgow since, just not here!

It's a real shame because location is perfect for SECC and the new Hydro.
And the staff in the bar and restaurant were superb!
Lovely place and location. Ashame about the rooms and the organisation of the whole thing!

• Stayed January 2014

Elgin, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here last night and was very disappointed. First of all though, the staff at reception when we arrived and when we checked out were great, very efficient and very helpful. However, the room was another thing all together. The room was very basic which I expected for a budget hotel, however the bathroom was very unclean. There was rust around many of the rails in the bathroom including the towel rail, the windowsill looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, had lots of marks all over it, the grout on the floor was black in lots of places and the toilet seat was loose. The beds were comfy enough but there was black marks on the sheets on one of the beds. There was also a massive stain on the floor in the corridor. Our room was on the second floor and we had an awful sleep as there was a lot of noise from other guests very late in the night. As friendly as the staff were, there is no way I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn2406

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This budget hotel is convenient for hydro secc etc and also has free parking. However due to location is often overpriced for the quality you receive. Sometimes you don't really have much of a choice. The main complaint I have is smoking in the rooms. I stayed here in November arrived back late and the room corridor was filled with. The smell of cigarette smoke which filtered under the door into my room. This is a blatant disregard of the UK non smoking policies I am also asthmatic. We went to complain and dealt with the person on duty who asked what floor we were on (1) and shrugged his shoulders and said oh that'll be the chef he stays on that corridor!!! Like that makes it okay? We spoke to the receptionist on check out who profusely apologised and said he would sort that out etc. Therefore when needing to stay in this location this time 10th May I did not think this would be an issue! Well I was wrong again I was located on the first floor and again on returning from my function the corridor was filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. It is disgraceful to allow guests to do this and if the hotel is allowing a staff member to do it this is even worse! Would never stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Francesca M
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasent experience. We are a Non Smoking Hotel and do Abide by the UK Non smoking Policies that are currently inplace in the UK. I can only apologise in how this complaint was dealt with the comment that was made was way off the mark concerning a chef smoking. I have investigated and have tried to contact you to give you this feedback. Unfortunately we do occasionally get a few customers who break these laws and we have procedures to follow when we come acroos this sort of situation, the team member who made this comment has been spoken to and reminded of our policies and procedures for handling smoking complaints.

Once again I offer my sincere apologies and hope you will use us future, if this is the case please contact me personally and I will make sure your stay is a pleasent one.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

this hotel is good value for money in as much as thte location is excellent .However we paid over (90 for one night room only which we thought a liitle steep .The room was small but vrey clean but the little things like a biscuit on the room tray and no toiletries no water glass and only one towel each in the bathroom was a bit stingy.and to charge !1 for a 35gr packet of crisps in the bar is extortion.
The staff were very pleasant

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen40-93
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 July 2016

Largs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights while attending BRS Conference at the SECC. Rooms adequate if quite small. Breakfasts OK but nothing to write home about. The rooms were quiet and beds comfortable. Bar was small and not very welcoming. Staff were OK. Not particularly friendly but fairly efficient.

Room Tip: Rooms on river side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business