“Just about ok .....”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst on business and was left a bit disappointed. Location was central but cheek by jowl to Central Station making it very noisy with all the trains. Room had been refurbed and was fine in terms of being functional. However, my biggest complaint was the noise of the cistern in the bathroom, the air con and the totally paperthin walls. The guests next to me came back late and were very inconsiderate in terms of loud talking and having the tv on very loud. I could make out every word of their conversation and whilst I enjoy a bit of juicy gossip as much as the next person, its not welcome at 3 am when I'm trying. To sleep before an important business event the next day. As I had specificallt asked for a quiet room I felt a bit shortchanged. I know the hotel isn't responsible for guests' behaviour but more effective soundproofing is within their gift. Not as good a Jurys as others I have stayed in and I wouldn't rush back to this one I'm afraid.

• Stayed: June 2013
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,
Niall O'Shaughnessy
Deputy General Manager
Jurys Inn Glasgow
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,761)

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The first impression of the hotel was not good. I was traveling with a group and the hotel was packed. They don't have enough elevators, which took me 15 minutes to get to my room. When I tried to open the door, the key didn't work out. I had to go again downstairs to get it fixed. I was already at the room when another couple of my group entered my room! They gave the same room for all of us!
The room could have some more lights. If you want to read at night you don't have enough light. The bathroom is old with little space to put your stuff.
The breakfast is very good and the options of food suits to all tastes.
The rooms are clean and spaceous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had at check in. I am happy to see you enjoyable breakfast and hopefully overall had an enjoyable stay. Barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Was spending the night of 15/16th June at this venue and was looking forward to it very much.....Had severe doubts when shown to room which overlooked railway station but to be fair we were never bothered by the trains at all. The biggest bother was the paper-thin walls at 5.00/5,30 in the morning when the occupants of the next door room returned from their night out and decided to have a long conversation about the evenings activities and make coffee. could here every word....could have been very embarassing for occupants of both rooms.....At the cost of the rooms (advertised at £250/£260 pernight for the time we were there) would have thought the soundproofing would have been of a much higher standard...........The staff were very pleasant and the breakfast buffet was above average for that sort of meal...no complaints there.........

Just very glad we had managed to get an excellant deal as it was booked from abroad.....

Room Tip: find out about the standard of the wall insulation to keep the noise down from the next door rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I would be grateful if you could contact me direct so that we can resolve the issues you had during your stay. Barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was up in Glasgow for a couple of nights to attend a concert.
The deal was ok £130 for two nights. The hotel has been refurbished since my last stay a few years ago and is all the better for it.
The room was fine and the bed pretty comfortable. It was noisy as it was a railway view room.
After returning from the concert (which a lot of other guests attended) I was amazed to see a bar queue of circa 20 people and a long wait...there was only one bar man who did his best but the poor lad didn't have a chance!
I would say overall it was an ok stay...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Apologies regarding the wait in the bar, we really got caught out with everyone coming back at the one time. This will be something we will work on with the team to ensure everything is to the right standard going forward. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for a short break last weekend and it was great. The staff were excellent throughout our stay couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was very comfortable and although we were overlooking the very busy train station we had no disturbance from the trains. Breakfast selection and quality was very good. The food offered in the bar was also very good. The hotel has a great central location, however if driving there parking is very difficult to find so definitely ring ahead for details as I spent an hour stuck in the one way traffic system trying to find it. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware of the train station, although this didn't give me any problems.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our Grill Bar as this is a new outlet that is going down very well with our guests. If you are ever returning please contact me direct. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and great location. Service is excellent and staff friendly. On the downside, (although it's always nice to get a room at the front of a hotel) is noisy due to road traffic and near by railway line.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank dat_sloan

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever returning please contact me direct and I will allocate a front facing quite room to help make your stay even better. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We spent two nights here, arrived Thursday 20th June for two nights..The Hotel is ideally situated for the centre of Glasgow. The room was very clean and the service was great.
The reception desk was eventually up to speed. We had booked a twin room and after a third try they got it right but by that time we had our luggage to the 4th,6th and then 9th floor.
It was very warm in the room and we needed to open window but as it looked right on to Central station it was rather noisy. With the windows closed OK. Next time we will ask for a room on the opposite side of the Hotel.
All in all we had a nice stay and will go back in the future

Room Tip: Opposite side from the station is a MUST
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple