“Joy at Jurrys (except for the trains!)”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed in room 406 on the 4th floor. I liked the fresh decour in purples/grey and clean room/ensuite. Big dispensing toiletries so no skimping here! The hotel overall is very clean.
The window has nice view out onto the river clyde.
We had an early flight so didnt eat breakfast cant say what the food was like but menu had a good choice of light snacks to meals.
Hotel was about a 10 min walk from the buchannan bus station and we got a taxi there the next morning for £5.
There is a few places to eat around it but more choice and shops further into the town about a 5-10 min walk.
Only disadvantage of the room we were in was that due to it being a hot summer night we kept the window&glass panel slightly open but it was very noisy (train track and station close by) this interupted our sleep a little bit although the bed was too comfy in a good way hard to get out of it!
We have stayed here before a few years ago but we were in a room near the front so perhaps this is a better room to stay in to avoid the noise from the choo choos!!!
Check in was fast and staff were friendly to us and we wouldnt hesitate to stay again but in a room higher up

Room Tip: choose a room either higher up than the 4th floor or on a different side of the building to avoid no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are located right in the city centre which does mean there is train and traffic noise however if you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,834)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great location with friendly staff. This recently refurbished hotel feels luxurious for the money. They have a nice bar and Francesca serving there was excellent. Possibly the best steak I have ever eaten served with fries and a nice Malbec. Perfect. 5 mins walk from Buchanan street

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the river on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel is located at the river end of Jamaica Street right on the corner right on double yellow lines. You can unload here and then, looking at the river, look over your left shoulder and you'll see the recommended car park. less than 100 mtrs away. You then have to drive halfway round Glasgow's oneway system to get to it. Ask at reception for discount ticket, good deal for 24hours parking. Location is right in the centre next to Central Railways station. Didn't hear a sound so all I can think about previous reviews is that they must be VERY light sleepers.

My partner is wheelchair bound and we travel with a portable hoist, so as usual advised the hotel about the need for space under the bed in the booking remakrs. I also phoned and spoke to housekeeping to get best result. Somewhere along the lines infor mation was ignored so we were kept waiting for 30 mins while they sorted out the room. I used this time to go and park the car.

Only real grip is the number of lifts for such a busy hotel. The hotel is clean, restaurant is ok and breakfast is buffet type. Didn't get to eat in the evening as the delay at reception meant we didn't have time as we had somewhere to be.

A great hotel if you want somewhere central and it's next to a Weatherspoons if you like them and several other food outlets and cafes. Will stay there again and would recommend to anyone.

Check out Jury's special rates and maybe book round them for the best deal.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the delay with your check in. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here on business. I didn't select the hotel or pay for it.

The location was excellent - most things in central Glasgow are within walking distance. The rooms were suprisingly large for a city centre hotel. I did find a couple of long hairs in my bed - so I have a sneaking suspicion the cleaning could be more thorough.

Some reviews on Tripadvisor complain about road- or rail-noise, but it didn't bother me when the windows was closed. The noisy aircon masked any outside noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikonaut

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the hair you found in your bed. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great location, don't be put off by the railway. We were on the 7th floor overlooking the train lines, and only heard them when we opened double windows. I
Very comfortable room, plenty of hot water. Breakfast wonderful. WiFi a bit expensive. Lifts very slow at some times, probably due to the high number of guests trying to check out at same time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Perfect location for getting around the city.

The rooms are very good, clean, spacious, comfortable beds.

Prices are comparable with other chain Hotels but the location is perfect, even get a view of the Clyde from the window.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, simply due to the fact there were so many other places to eat.But we did have drinks in the bar which was comfortable.

Two things I didn't like, being charged for WiFi and having to get ice from the bar to take to my room as they have removed the ice machines from their hotel floors.
But that aside if you want a good, clean and comfortable hotel with access to everything in the city then this is for you

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we will take your comments on board. If you are ever returning please let me know - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was welcomed by a pleasant young lady behind the counter and directed to my room, which I found better than the price would entail. I found the bar area on the ground floor very relaxing and peaceful while having tea and reading.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager