“Home for the Weekend.”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Myself and husband stayed here for four nights and were more than pleased. Hotel is in a great location for shopping and restaurants. Our room was very spacious and clean and although it was on the second floor we did not find the noise in any way disturbing.
The buffet breakfast had a good selection and there was plenty of everything. The staff here are very pleasant and will go out of their way to help.
When we are in Glasgow again we would have no hesitation in staying here.

Room Tip: If you do not sleep well maybe a room away from the railway line would be good.
1  Thank maureen r
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Glasgow

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel was clean throughout, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok typical buffet style English breakfast, lovely fruit salad and yoghurt with fresh berries. Rooms were basic but fine and clean.
Great location with all the shops just around the corner and handy for the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Spent a fantastic overnight stay in a front facing corner room.......WOW what a view both across the Clyde and then up and down the river...............Very comfortable corner room with excellant facilities and excellant breakfast in the morning......Great central situation within easy walking distance of the city centre......Will be back this time and would recommend it especially if you can get one of these corner rooms !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed for one night, thankfully was only one night. Staff were helpful and polite. Rooms very basic and at three times the cost of a Premier Inn you'll would expect something better, you won't get it here.
Breakfast was buffet style and was ok but again nothing special for £150 a night.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and we will take your comments on board. If you are ever returning please let me know - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2013

On arrival, I was told that I couldn't be let in because payment was needed in advance (we paid online when booking). Eventually after a phone call to my husband we were checked in. I am currently in my THIRD room. It's taken over an hour for the staff (who are helpful enough but what good is that when they can't get it right in the first place?) to sort it out. I am on my own with a 2 year old and a 6 month old and it's late. I had to carry a heavy car seat and my toddler has had to walk to three different rooms well past bed time! We specified in our booking that we needed a sofa bed (for my husband who was arriving later) and a travel cot. Bad enough that it wasn't right in the first place but to be put to a second room without it was just a farce! When we finally got to the third room, the sofa bed was made up with the nastiest, cheapest wool blanket - the type the is army standard issue! The travel cot came half an hour later by which point my poor toddler was exhausted and beyond sleep. The rooms were inconsistent in terms of water/biscuits. And I had to ask for a bottle of water in the third room. This morning we went down to the most terrible of hotel breakfasts - ever! The hash browns were stale. The bread was stale. Actually stale! I don't know how a hotel an charge £150 a night and get away with this and with using what are clearly the cheapest of ingredients. The sausages were cheap and nasty and so dry and rubbery. It's not as if we were late and they'd been sitting for ever either as breakfast starts at 7:30 and we were down by 7:45. The yoghurt tasted sour and I suspect it was off though it's hard to tell as it was in a glass, rather than a pot.

This is not what I would expect from a jury's inn, which is considered a decent enough hotel. Thoroughly disappointed and borderline angry at all the hassle we've had. Will NOT be returning. Ever.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologise for issue that you experienced during your stay. I know you met with my Deputy upon checkout who has thoroughly investigated the matter and a subsequent meeting took place with all involved. Relevant procedures will be implemented to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future and will be closely monitored by myself over the coming months.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for one night, travelling for business. The hotel is centrally located and convenient for SSEC and other city venues. The hotel is pretty basic, as are the rooms which I would describe as functional. The breakfast was a self-serve buffet which was somewhat chaotic. All of this said, the hotel prices are keen - I guess you get what you pay for!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 September 2013

There were three in our group, the hotel was booked by our company.
We arrived in the evening, went out for a meal and on our return went to bed. All three of us were in rooms on the second floor which is at the same level as the track.
The hotel is located next to Glasgow Central Station, the noise from trains arriving and departing
went on until late, and started around again 5:00am.
We all suffered with the noise and did not sleep well. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the trains
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am really disappointed that your sleep was affected by noise. Our rooms on the station side are triple glazed to avoid these problems however there was clearly an issue on this occasion. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager