“Two Nights At The Jurys Inn”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Two Nights At The Jurys Inn”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights last week and had a very pleasant experience. The room was spotless, the staff was very helpful and friendly - especially the bar staff- nothing was too much trouble. Great location as well, handy for shops, pubs, places too eat. Very busy when we were there (all ages) but staff seemed to cope admirably. They were a credit to the hotel. Definitely consider staying there again if we're back in Glasgow.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike418418
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Having called by phone at6.00 pm to confirm I was in town but would only check in after 10.00 I was assured there was no problem.
On arrival very sheepish reception staff said ther was a problem.
There was no room and no real explanation. A duty manager promised to sort and disappeared. I demanded a taxi and alternative within 5 minutes as it was clear there was no room here. There were others in reception less assertive that were duly waiting their rooms. I was not alone.
I was told the hotel bill and taxis to nearby Holiday Inn would be paid. Nonsense...the poor chap at Holiday Inn new nothing of this offer..not his problem and I duly paid.
Jury's Inn will not get me or my businesses custom again. No excuse for double booking a confirmed room.
This review was removed once as I hadn't actually stayed!
I hope it can stay up now as the whole problem was that I wasn't able too

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Billyglv
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 15 December 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,
Niall O'Shaughnessy
Deputy General Manager
Jurys Inn Glasgow
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this durys many times and never been disappointed, centre of town with car park across the road, breakfast good , staff friendly , close to pubs , I will return next time I am staying in Glasgow

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
Denmark
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed two days at Jurys Inn for a shopping weekend in Glasgow.
Check in was fast and we got our room even we arrived a couple of hours prior to official check in time. Staff were very efficient and friendly.
We had a superior twin room located on the 10th floor which meant we didn't hear the noise from the heavy traffic when windows were closed. We had a partly view to River Clyde. Room was big and cleaning spotless. I very much appreciated the cleaners didn't seem to use any perfume in the products as perfume in cleaning products often gives me an allergic reaction just from breathing it.
Bathroom had a bath tub which was quite a challenge for my mother who is 68. Bathroom had a bit of a musty smell but was clean and spacious.
Even we didn't use the A/C some noise from pipes and plummings during one of the nights made it hard to sleep.
Entrance very often crowded with smokers and I would suggest the hotel finding another location for the smokers so that non-smokers didn't have to walk through the smell!
I would stay again if I ever go back to Glasgow :)

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from traffic!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dane40
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review and we will take your comments on board regarding the smoking area. If you are ever returning please let me know - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
Midlands
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was the 4th time I've stayed at the Jurys Inn Glasgow but I hadn't been for over a year and it had been revamped since. I was though disappointed and although the decor looked really good and the staff were very helpful the room was not good. I had an executive room as well but it overlooked the train station which was noisy, the room itself was adequate but quite small and the sink would not drain which I thought should not happen as the cleaners should notice this when cleaning prior to you arriving. There are other hotels in Glasgow at half the price that have better rooms in the same good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
glasgow
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stay at this hotel for numerous business meetings. The staff are excellent and always very attentive. The front desk are very efficient and quick to answer queries. The restaurant is good and the breakfast was excellent. The lunches have been very good especially the soups and the restaurant staff are very friendly. The hotel is very central near Glasgow Central station so ideal if you need somewhere in the centre of Glasgow. Its near lots of good restaurants if you fancy eating out and is close to St Enochs underground station if you want to explore the city and go to the west end. The bar is expensive though so you would be best to explore the city and find something you like.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Loved everything about this place but must say the bar staff where really the friendliest I've met in a long time well done , the hotel is really nice and the breakfast was to die for I will be back as we enjoyed ourselves so much and it was a great location for city centre shops and pubs

• Stayed July 2013