The hotel did have clean rooms, presented very well, and good views over the Clyde.
Negative Points (There are a few!)
We stayed here in December 2013, and were very disappointed at the service and treatment.
We sat down for our evening meal around bench style tables, that didn't even have table cloths. The food whilst very tasty, lacked in quantity.
The derive was very slow in bringing food to the table, but the staff we clearing the table around us as we continued to eat!
The room lacked basic sound proofing and because our room was opposite the lifts, and a Christmas Party was on going in the hotel, the last disruption was around 3am, and started again at around 6am.
Sadly at around 9.45pm the fire alarm went off, and the hotel had to be evacuated. Their was a serious lack of staff to assist guests trying t get out of the building, apart from 2 staff members who came running up the stairs shouting "get out of the way" we didn't see another member of staff in the building! It felt like the staff were the first ones out, and the guests were left to fend for themselves.
Once outside, the staff were very rude, rather than assisting guests get away from the building, they were forcibly pushing guests onto the pavement from the road (The road was safe to walk down because the it was blocked with fire engines)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Glasgow is a four star hotel ideally located within a ten minute walk of Glasgow's 3 major stations - Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Argyle Street. The hotel is an easy 3 minute train journey or 20 minute walk from the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre and The Hydro Entertainment Arena, and is an ideal place to stay when visiting Glasgow both for business and leisure. For those planning a shopping trip the hotel offers a short 3 minute walk to St Enoch shopping centre as well as easy access to a plethora of nearby restaurants and bars to unwind in after a busy day in Glasgow. Jurys Inn Glasgow features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which opens from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and from 5:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Guests can also avail of 24 hour room service. If arriving by car, parking is available within a 3 minute walk of the hotel at Qpark Jamaica Street. Our comfortable bedrooms are suitable for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All of our 321 bedrooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, tea, coffee and hot chocolate refreshment dock and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. Enjoy warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Glasgow with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Jurys Inn Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Jurys Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Scotland