I stated here for one night on Wednesday 18th December. For a start it was the windiest night since for ever.
Now, although you can't blame the hotel for the weather, it did play a part in me having the worst nights sleep in a long time.
It started when the traffic was horrendous and then with the hotel not having a car park I had to do a second loop through the traffic!
The room I was in was 1003, this room was so noisy, looking out over the Clyde and the railway lines crossing said Clyde, the headboard wall also being the platform for Glasgow Central Station! From the moment I arrived, all I could here was train movement and the squeal of train breaks. I'm not normally one for complaining, and I know by the time I was back in the room, the majority of the trains would have finished. I therefore did not complain or ask to be moved.
I was meeting a college who lives locally for a drink so decided I'd eat first in the bar. I ordered chowder soup (really nice and filling) then swordfish steak and rice. See photo, the swordfish, although was cooked really well was supposed to have a chilli/line dressing, which was actually just a sweet chilli sauce poured over and the rice was just a microwave spicy rice. Good job the chowder was filling! This was tipped of with a £6.30 glass of wine!
Expensive and not that good.
When I returned to the hotel, the wind had for up significantly (c11pm) . On returning to my room, not only was there still to odd railway noise, but the howling of the wind was supplemented by the worst fitted window in the world, rattling and blowing through. I tried to brave it for 2hrs but by 1:30 I had to give up and ask to be moved.
I was moved to room 204, much better although the wind still made noise and I was now above the rattling squeaking flagpoles/lights over the entrance.
Now for the good!
It's not all bad......
The rooms are large comfortable and clean.
The price is reasonable.
The breakfast is good, with many options and enough food if wanted to sink a battleship.
The best thing however was the staff!!! The guy who was working in the night was excellent and really helpful and understanding when I asked to move rooms, additionally he also remembered me at breakfast in the morning and asked if I had slept better. Superb customer service!! Thank you.
Overall, THIS trip is graded as poor (2) but overall if I had been in a front facing room, lower floor and the wind was not as severe, I would prob grade more 3 - 3.5
I am however unlikely to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Glasgow is a four star hotel ideally located within a ten minute walk of Glasgow's 3 major stations - Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Argyle Street. The hotel is an easy 3 minute train journey or 20 minute walk from the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre and The Hydro Entertainment Arena, and is an ideal place to stay when visiting Glasgow both for business and leisure. For those planning a shopping trip the hotel offers a short 3 minute walk to St Enoch shopping centre as well as easy access to a plethora of nearby restaurants and bars to unwind in after a busy day in Glasgow. Jurys Inn Glasgow features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which opens from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and from 5:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Guests can also avail of 24 hour room service. If arriving by car, parking is available within a 3 minute walk of the hotel at Qpark Jamaica Street. Our comfortable bedrooms are suitable for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All of our 321 bedrooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, tea, coffee and hot chocolate refreshment dock and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. Enjoy warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Glasgow with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Jurys Inn Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Jurys Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Scotland