“Comfort and Good Value”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I've stayed at Jury's several times and have always found it to be very good and our last stay was no exception. The staff were very helpful and polite, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was a really good standard. We visited as part of a trip to Celtic Connections and got an exceptionally good price. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel as the rear backs onto Glasgow Central railway station and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Sue,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the celitc connections weekend.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel before going to see SCD at the hydro and what a let down the hotel was.The food in the restaurant was shocking,it's the only time I have had soup in which the roll was hotter than the soup,it had taken ages to come and the restaurant was freezing.The room was fine clean and tidy,for all the time we were in it.Breakfast was a shambles,everybody was complaining,no square slice,black pudding or tattie scones,I mean this is Scotland we stay in.we waited for along time for fried eggs and when they came they were only half cooked,no coffee for about 30 minutes,no fruit or yoghurts.This would be the last hotel in glasgow I would stay HOPELESS from start to finish.

Dear David,
Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologise for issue that you experienced during your stay. I have thoroughly investigated the matter and a subsequent meeting will take place with all involved and the relevant procedures will be implemented to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future. These procedures will be closely monitored by myself over the coming months. If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just back from an overnight stay with my wife at The Jury's Inn. Lovely warm welcome at reception and then pleasantly impressed with our room overlooking the river and central station. Room was spotless.We'd got a deal for 3 courses for £10 in the restaurant and think we would both have been complaining if we'd had to pay more. The surrounding tables were full of people who'd been waiting an excessive amount of time for their various courses.one lady had sent her steak back twice and finally got it cooked properly 2 hours after first ordering. The waiter (think he was called Trevor) was a lovely guy who handled the situation as best he could.Not sure if we'd just hit an "off" night but it would put me off eating at the restaurant again despite the fact I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hotel.

Dear Nobbylmf,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular you comments on the staff. I am disappointed with your comments regarding the restaurant and we will investigate this further. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed for one night at the Jury's Inn last night. Our room was on the 3rd floor - I would recommend asking for a room higher up as the noise from passing trains was very loud despite the soundproofing in the rooms. It would be good if the hotel management put up some sign in the corridors reminding guests not to slam their room doors when coming and going as this was a problem from early morning. All in all the hotel is centrally located and fine for a night or two but wouldn't rush to stay here again.

Dear KE,
Thank you for your review. I am really disappointed that your sleep was disturbed by noise. Our rooms on the station side are triple glazed to avoid these problems however there was clearly an issue on this occasion.
Please feel free to contact me direct should you decide to stay again as I will personally ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one. - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff here are excellent, all very friendly and attentive. Niall, Pamela, David, agnieszca (apologies for the spelling) in particular were great. Breakfast good and quality of rooms lovely. Very clean and conveniently located.

Room Tip: Get a street view room if you can
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all the team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next week.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Once again we enjoyed an offer of a superior room with Prosecco. This time though we were given the prosecco at check in and Garry C in the bar kindly provided us with ice. Niall checked us in and out and was very efficient and welcoming with a really pleasant manner. The girl on the breakfast check in and all staff were polite and friendly. The room and bathroom had all the required toiletries etc. and was very clean. Another pleasant stay and we hope not the last.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind comments to Martha at breakfast and the accommodation team. If you are ever returning please let me know - niall_oshaughnssy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I come to Glasgow a lot on business and stay in many hotels all over the city but Jurys inn is my hotel of choice. Rooms are very comfortable and the cleanest I've slept in (Which is most important for me). Never had a bad sleep in the 8 or so times I've stayed here. All staff from the friendly receptionists to the efficient bar staff/waiters catered to my every need. You feel they really care about their guests. The blonde haired receptionist who greeted me on this stay was so warm and helpful. Can't fault this place. The bar food is awesome too if you like flame grilled steaks! 10/10 best in Glasgow.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mosthated

Dear Mosthated,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.