“good service, friendly helpfull staff”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
London
“good service, friendly helpfull staff”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

i booked to stay here on business and found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpfull.
i'm registered blind and have no vision, and found can report that the staff went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfertable.
they knocked my room bothmornings to ask if i needed escorting to breakfast, nothing was to much trouble.
only point for improvement - Reception is a little loud, music could be turned down a bit as it's sometimes hard to hear the staff behind the desk.
other than that, hope to be back soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulBepey
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Paul,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have passed your kind comments onto the team.
I will also take you comments on board in relation to the music in the lobby.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 February 2014

stayed here Sat 1st Feb and while there were some niggles like check in being slow and being allocated a double room instead of a triple, which was quickly sorted out, we had a very good stay.
the rooms are clean and modern and the beds very comfortable.
We stayed on the 3rd floor, across from the train station, and there was no noticeable noise from the trains or tannoy and we had a good nights sleep.
The hotel is ideally located for the city centre and especially The Hydro. We ordered a taxi at reception an it arrived bang on time, thanks to Hampden taxis, and we walked back and it only took 15 minutes.
After reading other reviews am glad I did not eat there that weekend.
While we like breakfast we do not eat a lot, so we went up the road a few metres to Weatherspoons, which was good for the price.
Given the price I paid for our room I would easily stay again as long as the price was right

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Kenny,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with my mum and sister as were down to see a show at the Hydro. We were welcome by the reception staff on the Friday who made check in very quick and easy. Our room was lovely and spacious great size for the 3 of us and very clean. Beds were so comfy didnt want to get up, Breakfast service times are brilliant 7-11am so there wasn't the usual rush to get up and get down. The food selection was fantastic and plenty available the staff were great. The only issue we had was regarding dinner on Saturday night, we booked a table for 5pm as we had the show at the Hydro at 7.30pm. Our waiter (who's name I can't recall) was fantastic very friendly and chatty and took our order promptly unfortunately at 5.40 we were still waiting for our starters to come, we spoke with our waiter who was couldn't be more apologetic and he went to chase them up, they came 10mins later. Our plates were cleared at 6pm, at 6.25 we were still waiting for our main course, which again we chased up, again our waiter was very apologetic and chased it up. at 6.40 we were still waiting and had a very embarrassed waiter apologise again, along with the manager who explained there was an issue in the kitchen. We eventually got our main at 6.50 and had to gulp them down as we had to get to the show (which unfortunately we missed the beginning of) It is a shame as the food was lovely and we would have liked a little longer to enjoy it properly. I must say the restaurant staff were great although they were under pressure regarding the kitchen issues. Regardless of the dinner issue I would highly recommend this hotel as its in a great location, with very comfy and clean rooms. I'm already thinking of re booking for September

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Karen,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed to hear of your expierence in the restaurant but happy that you were pleased with the stafff.
The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct -
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Newcastle, England
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed at The Jurys Inn Glasgow with my 13 yr old son as we had tickets for a Hydro Show. The location was ideal for us, as we travelled from Newcastle to Glasgow Central and the hotel was literally 2 mins walk. Check in was very quick and all the staff on the desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and spotless. We did have an issue with noise. Our room had a connecting door to the room next to us and you could hear everything going on. There was a rugby crowd in that night aswell, and they were obviously rowdy especially when they eventually went to bed.. but the hotel cannot be blamed for this. The breakfast was a buffet style offering and it was very good. The Hydro is a 20 min walk or a short train journey away. All in all we had a great trip to Glasgow and despite the noise, we would stay in the Jurys Inn again.

Room Tip: To get away from the noisy street, book a high floor room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bill,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am disappointed to hear you were disturbed by the guest in the room next door.
The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct -

niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.
Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Booked through groupon or itson, Sunday 22nd December, deal included prosecco wine an early 12 checking for a bit of shopping. I had specifically asked for a double. Firstly couldn't check in till 14 no rooms available. Then put into a twin, with no wine. Went to complain checking was overflowing. Bought a cheap vinagerette wine which took ages and headed back to room as we were on a tight schedule. Got back to the room around 0200 and between the lifts and the air con couldn't sleep. I've stayed in better Premierinns than this hotel.
Filled in a feedback for jurys on line and requested a phone call. 6 weeks on no call back. For the sake of 20-30 pounds there are far better hotels in Glasgow with premier service.. Stay clear people.

Room Tip: Stay away from lifts
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darrin D
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Darrin,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I do recall trying to contact you at the begining of January to discuss your issues with your stay but did not hear back from you. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to still discuss the matter further - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com

Depuyt General Manager
Aghalee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great Hotel. Easy to get to. Plenty of facilities nearby, especially the shopping centres in Buchanan Street and Argyll street.Super breakfast. Warm welcome from hotel staff. Good value. Lovely breakfast and clean rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for one on first or second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct.

niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My Wife and I stayed for a weekend break at the end of January for 2 nights, had we checked out on the Saturday Morning I would have gave the hotel a 5*. We were welcomed at reception on the Friday afternoon and made to feel most welcome, we were checked in quickly, the room we got was very spacious and clean could not fault it. We had our meal prepaid in the restaurant with our room on the Friday night, we received a warm welcome to the restaurant by our female waitress (sorry cant remember her name) and we received a very nice meal, when I got my bill we were charge in full for our meal even though I had explained to the man at the desk and our waitress when we arrived it was prepaid, when I explained again to the man on the restaurant desk he was less than friendly about changing the bill . We got up on the Saturday Morning and were seated in the restaurant promptly for breakfast there was a good selection of hot breakfasts, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries, had we checked out now it would have been perfect. We went out on Saturday to do a bit of shopping when we returned to the Hotel we decided to go into the bar to have a coffee, when we went up to the bar there was 4 members of staff behind the bar and it took 10 minutes to get served the funny thing there was no customers before me, one of the members of staff did acknowledge another member of staff to take her cappuccino order but still did not recognise I was even there. We decided to go to the restaurant again on the Saturday Night before we went to the Hydro to see a show. We got the same waitress as the Friday night and it was a warm welcome again and we explained that we need to be out for 7pm as we were going to a show she said as we were only having 2 course this will be ok, we placed our order at 6pm and at 6.45 we asked the waitress to check to see where our food was, she return to say the chef was working on our table, 5 minutes later our first course arrived it was suppose to be risotto, it was more like a packet of boiled rice, we eat it quickly and explained to the waitress that we did not have time for our second course and could we have our bill, she was very apologetic (as she and the other waiting staff had been to all the guests in the restaurant that night). When we got our bill again it was priced incorrectly, when I went up to the same man from Friday night on the restaurant desk he was quite hostile again, I explain we 2 drinks at approx. £3.50 per drink and 2 x £10 for 2 course, even though we only had 1 course, he replied well I did know that and then he changed my bill again, I don't think guests should be made to feel guilty if they are only asking about a query on there bill. We left the hotel at 7.10pm to go to see our show when we returned we went to the bar for a drink, my wife and I stood in the que for 15 minute to get a drink, when I got to the bar the barman stopped serving the que and jump to serve a young lady that had jump the que to get served, when I tried to get the barman's attention to let him know I was not happy he stared me out and said arite, not very professional to treat your guests like this. We went down for breakfast on the Sunday morning we had to que for 15 minutes to get into the restaurant and when we got seated we had to que again to get breakfast and unlike Saturday there was no fresh fruit, yogurt or pastries. To sum up our stay the restaurant staff and reception staff, (except the man on the desk at the restaurant and the barman) were friendly and could not do enough for you, the hotel could be do with some signage to ask all guest to respect other guest when the return late at night and when you are going to be as busy as you were this weekend to take on more staff to cover, most of your staff are running around trying to keep up but they must be well frustrated at the amount of complaints they were receiving from guests when its not there fault.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordonmc666
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologise for issue that you experienced during your stay. I have thoroughly investigated the matter and a subsequent meeting will take place with all involved and the relevant procedures will be implemented to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.
These procedures will be closely monitored by myself over the coming months.

Gordon, if you do decided to stay again please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one.

niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com