“Excellent value, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Excellent value, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed two nights during the first week of February. Staff were friendly and helpful. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had in a hotel, well-cooked and a great choice. Room smallish but fine, bed comfortable and we had a view of the River Clyde; good value for what we paid. Liked how quiet our room was (no noise from neighbours, doors or lifts) and that it was immaculately clean, especially the bathroom. Disappointed by only terrestrial or rubbish free channels on TV and the high charge for wifi. Perfect location for shopping and restaurants, also for walking the embankment. The railway station and Metro are close by but we drove our own car. Due to double yellow lines and a very busy street you cannot unload outside the hotel. There is half-price parking across the street for hotel guests in the NCP which, without knowing your way around, can present a problem to get into due to the one-way street layout. Recommend a GPS!

Room Tip: Get a room facing front (Jamaica Street) closest to the river bridge - nice view over the Clyde.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Karen,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are located right in the city centre which does mean that we are not able to accommodate a set down area.

If you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a larger room and complimentary wifi- niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Burntisland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here at end of January for two nights - we had an excellent experience. Any requests were dealt with very promptly - even a request for a loan of an umbrella!! Well done to Scott and all staff who were very helpful and extremely courteous. Our only issue was breakfast could have been hotter. We will be returning at the end of March and hoping our next stay is just as good!!

Mary and Billy Lynch

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mary and Billy,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to facilitate you with an umbrella for the Glasgow weather!

My apologies for the issue you had with the breakfast, I will be following up with the kitchen on this, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Thank you for you kind comments which I have passed onto Scott and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in March.
UK Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Decent hotel in a great location.

Loses marks for charging £10 a day for wifi! This is 2014 not 2006, I stay in hotels 3/4 nights a week and this is the first time I have paid extra in recent memory. Even Ibis offer free basic connection for email. How a city centre hotel, that caters for business travel doesn't consider this an essential service, makes me wonder. It is a false economy.

The parking was close by and the location was good for my work, but I am staying elsewhere for 2 nights on my next visit spending £160, they won't see.

A shame as I got to check in early and the room was decent for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James B
Dear James,
Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay in relation to the charge for the WIFI. I will take you comments on board and review our procedure.

Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further or if you would like to return to the hotel. - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 4/5 of Jan .Great value as usual,staff first clases very nice .Lovely steak meal in the restuarant ,close to all the shops and train station.My 2 girls love it here .Rooms are good clean and plenty of space.Will be back again

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear James,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you and your girls enjoyed your stay.
I am also delighted that you found the service and staff friendly, I am always very pleased when we get comments on how friendly they are.

The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Perfect location for visiting Glasgow. Just step off train and into Jurys Inn. 100% for cleanliness, friendliness and comfort. Everything is just around the corner. Would highly recommend it. Look no further for the perfect city break hotel. Ger and Mark

Room Tip: Double room with extra single bed for extra space. Grand.
Dear Geraldine,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Lincs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, nice room on the 7th floor at first I was a bit worried about the fact it was overlooking Glasgow Central Railway station, but I need not have worried I never heard a thing from it and had a good nights sleep both nights. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices, only gripe I had with breakfast was When in Scotland is it too hard to provide Lorne Sausage and Tattie scones, that would have made the stay just that wee bit better.

I ate in the bar twice and the food was great, steak was cooked to perfection. must mention also the barmaid Pamela was brilliant, a credit to the place and the brand.

Should I requite another stay in Glasgow I will most definitely return here

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your comments to our kitchen team who were delighted.
The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct -

niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We have stayed at the hotel many times and have enjoyed each one. Our most recent stay was extra special due to the fact that it was my birthday and my husband had arranged everything. We got to the hotel earlier that expected and the room we had specified was not yet ready. The reception staff were great, first checking with housekeeping to find out how soon we could have the room. A money off voucher was provided for us to use in the bar for coffee. We were booked in for lunch therefore we needed to leave before the room was ready. The reception staff very kindly stored our bag. We returned later to a warm welcome and bag pick up. The reception staff informed us of the new facilities available in the hotel - room service etc. I advised them that we were aware of this as we had stayed 10 days earlier. We were welcomed back warmly and lovely bottle of bubbly quickly made its way to our room as a birthday present. We felt that this was going the extra mile. Room and facilities spotlessly clean. view we had asked for across the Clyde was great. A brilliant stay which will be repeated no doubt soon - Thank You Jurys Glasgow

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room but find that those facing across the River Clyde are great - especial...
1 Thank Margaret K
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.