“Jurys Inn Glasgow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Jurys Inn Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Birthday treat from friend. We used Groupon Voucher but felt was treated same as full paying guests. Also given bottle of Prosseco as part of deal. Perhaps not the nicest part of town but really central and close to all amenities. Nice room, looked newly decorated as did the hotel. Comfy bed, nice shampoo/soap in bathroom. Great breakfast, nice staff. Free water and newspaper nice touch. Would go back anytime.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lorraine D
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you enjoyed your bottle of bubbly!

The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great location for gigs, the arches, argyle street, 02 academy, shopping within walking distance, Hard Rock Cafe, good breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, just make sure your room is as far away as possible from the neighbouring student accommodation as it is very noisy.

Room Tip: Stay away from neighbouring student accommodation.
1 Thank TEDDYBEAR142
Dear Teddybear142,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am really disappointed that your sleep was disturbed by noise. Our rooms on the are triple glazed to avoid these problems however there was clearly an issue on this occasion. if you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was a short Birthday break for my husband we both come from Glasgow but moved to Ayrshire 9 years ago, thought we would do an all our yesterday's and visit some of our old haunts so we decided to try Jurys Inn for our 2 night stay.
The Hotel was very central ~ rooms clean ~ beds comfy ~ and most of the staff friendly, my only complaint was with the bar staff they don't seem to know that white wine should be chilled not luke warm = my husband had to ask the female bar person for a glass of ice to chill the wine and got no reaction from her but as we where leaving the male bar person who had served my husband with the wine and his beer asked if we wanted an other drink and at this point I said no because my wine was not chilled and his comment to me was ( was it red or rose ) while this was going on the bar supervisor was there but said nothing I worked in a bar for years and my priority was to make sure the customers where happy with the service so they will return again and again but I am sorry to say I would not employ the bar staff who where on duty Wednesday 19th simply because of the lack of service and the blank look on there faces when I complained ( not good customer service )

Room Tip: Go for a high floor to get a better view.
1 Thank LADYSCOT
Dear LadyScot,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I am disappointed with your comments regarding the team and we will take this on board and implement a training plan to ensure that this does not happen again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Unbelievable. Stayed here for one night. No TV reception, a little like the 1970's.
Wifi as strong as my Nan's tea.
Had an important day ahead of me so went to bed early. The youth club kicked off at 11pm and continued through until 3am, reminding me of my time in Nam or is that Nappa!?
Hyperactive 30-50 year olds girls that has obviously reviewed some male attention decided to run up and down the corridors in an effort to burn off a few calories.
I checked out and at no point received a smile, eye contact or was asked how my stay was. Saying that if they did, the riot police may have been required. Really pretty blonde girl on reception, great smile for the regulars and work friends but unfortunately my English personally didn't hit the Mark .
Not a great stay, I'm now sat in reception with match sticks in my eyes thinking why did I bother staying at the Jury's Inn.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Matt,

Thank you for your review.
I would like to sincerely apologise for issue that you experienced during your stay. I have thoroughly investigated the matter and a subsequent meeting will take place with all involved and the relevant procedures will be implemented to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.

These procedures will be closely monitored by myself over the coming months.
Should you decide to return to the hotel please contact me directly and I will ensure that you have a better stay.

Salford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at Jurys Inn , Glasgow recently on a two day break. The rooms were OK- no comfortable chairs to sit on but otherwise perfectly adequate with nice bathroom. The best thing about it was the food. We got one 3 course meal included in our deal and chose to eat there again the second night because the food was imaginative, well cooked, well presented and very reasonably priced. Breakfasts were excellent and as wide ranging as you could possibly want- entirely self service but constantly topped up with fresh items. The staff were exemplary, friendly and efficient. Location is fine near main station and easy walk from centre.

Dear Roystonf,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. I was disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with your room allocation. If you are returning to Glasgow please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to allocate you a room with a couch - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

After narrowly avoiding catching lung cancer from the smokers that are allowed to congregate right outside the main enterance i was checked by a girl who did not make any attempt to make eye contact or even look in my direction, i had a similar experience with the barman a little later in the evening, i was asked to pay for the room when i checked in but then it has to be paid at some point,my room was clean and tidy and the curtains were brilliant, they did not let a shaft through and the bed was extremely comfortable, the shower was not very powerful but it served a purpose, breakfast was very good with a large selection of cereals, fruit juice, fruit and yogurts, the cooked items were also plentiful on a self service basis,(no tottie scone, black pudding or square sausage though) the hotel is only a few minutes away from central station which is convienent for rail travel, not sure if i would stay again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Graham,

Thank you for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I am surprised that you found the team to be rude as they usually get excellent comments. We will take your comments on board and work with them to ensure all guests feel they receive the service they deserve.

Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.