We arrived at Glasgow Airport and took the Glasgow Shuttle downtown, taking the bus stop that Google Maps suggested, and walked the rest of the way to the hoel. The hotel was fairly easy to find, with a very close proximity to the Glasgow Central train station (which we used each day of our stay).
We were warmly welcomed at Jurys Inn in Glasgow. The staff were kind and receptive to the requests we had and were patient with us Americans who didn't know the trick to turning on the electricity (putting one of your key cards in a reader on the wall between the front door and the bathroom). Also,our triple room was just the right size for the three of us--we did not feel cramped at all.
In addition to the proximity to the train station, it's also located nearby River Clyde (our room overlooked the river), Buchannan Street shopping and St Enoch's shopping. The nearby McDonald's was a regular choice for breakfast and an affordable alternative to what the hotel offers.
The hotel price was a bargain! I would highly recommend Jurys and would certainly stay there again during future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Glasgow is a four star hotel ideally located within a ten minute walk of Glasgow's 3 major stations - Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Argyle Street. The hotel is an easy 3 minute train journey or 20 minute walk from the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre and The Hydro Entertainment Arena, and is an ideal place to stay when visiting Glasgow both for business and leisure. For those planning a shopping trip the hotel offers a short 3 minute walk to St Enoch shopping centre as well as easy access to a plethora of nearby restaurants and bars to unwind in after a busy day in Glasgow. Jurys Inn Glasgow features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which opens from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and from 5:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Guests can also avail of 24 hour room service. If arriving by car, parking is available within a 3 minute walk of the hotel at Qpark Jamaica Street. Our comfortable bedrooms are suitable for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All of our 321 bedrooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, tea, coffee and hot chocolate refreshment dock and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. Enjoy warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Glasgow with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Lastminute, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jurys Inn Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Jurys Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Scotland