“Good and Bad points”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited for the first time in April 2014. Found it had it's negative and positive points.

On the negative side, the room was very cold which I found a bit uncomfortable. We also had to get 3 different sets of key cards as none seemed to work on our room door, causing us to call staff to open it each time we returned to the hotel. Simple things like a bath mat would have been welcomed as the bathroom floor was absolutely soaking after a shower and there always seemed to be noise in the hallways and from other rooms with the paper thin walls.

On the positive side, the staff all seemed to be really friendly and the hotel is in a great location for anything you wish to get up to in Glasgow. I asked for some vegetarian options at breakfast and it didn't seem to be a problem for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FeefTheHippy
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear FeefTheHippy,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with noise but if you are returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,695)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in February as we were going to a show at the O2 Academy on Eglinton Street and this was quite close. Check in was quick and simple & the staff were really friendly, asked if we were in Glasgow for any special occasion, when we said about the show they even knew who the band was before we told them. Nice touch.

At check in we were offered a standard double room or one with a double bed and a single bed, & of course we took the bigger room. Beds were comfortable, room was spacious and clean with tea & coffee making facilities. The bathroom was large, clean and offered some nice toiletries.

The hotel is in a great location for food & bars, go out of the hotel and take a left and there is everything from the usual fast food outlets to restaurants & pubs. To the right is the short walk (or cheap cab ride!) to the Academy.

Parking is in the multi storey right across the street, it's very close to the hotel and secure but sadly not free! But it is a city centre hotel so it's to be expected.

Overall a really good nights stay in Glasgow, thanks Jurys!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GDRUK

Dear Gemma,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoyed the show.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here last night with my friends. It was perfect. Easy check in, beautiful room with excellent views. Great atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. We didn't have breakfast as we were quite rushed for time this morning due to other commitments but it looked extraordinary. Will definitely be back and will partake in breakfast next time.

Just another thing, my friend was quite ill during the night, nothing to do with the hotel and I stayed up with her. I remarked that I didnt hear a sound from the halls or any other room and I think the hotel was more or less full. Top marks!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Michelle M

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct -
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotels appearance is very good, staff try to be helpful but are limited in their remit, the room was very clean. my first night of a 2 night stay was cold and noisy, had to turn off the air con as horrendous noise then a second uncontrollable vent sporadically squeaked and groaned into action at 20 min intervals through the night, no way you can sleep through it, the walls of the rooms are not that thick as I could hear voices and partying in the next room and doors around the hotel banging. I asked to be moved but there were no other rooms but i could wait and see if one became free but my colleague on a separate floor had the exact same problem with noise as did other guests as it was the hot topic at breakfast. So I remained where I was. Breakfast was good lots of choice and the bar and staff in the evenings again good. Ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was lovely. 2nd night still the loud vents so overall I would say unless you are using the hotel for a few hours of shelter and some nice food avoid!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Laurac0185

Dear Laura,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We arrived at Glasgow Airport and took the Glasgow Shuttle downtown, taking the bus stop that Google Maps suggested, and walked the rest of the way to the hoel. The hotel was fairly easy to find, with a very close proximity to the Glasgow Central train station (which we used each day of our stay).

We were warmly welcomed at Jurys Inn in Glasgow. The staff were kind and receptive to the requests we had and were patient with us Americans who didn't know the trick to turning on the electricity (putting one of your key cards in a reader on the wall between the front door and the bathroom). Also,our triple room was just the right size for the three of us--we did not feel cramped at all.

In addition to the proximity to the train station, it's also located nearby River Clyde (our room overlooked the river), Buchannan Street shopping and St Enoch's shopping. The nearby McDonald's was a regular choice for breakfast and an affordable alternative to what the hotel offers.

The hotel price was a bargain! I would highly recommend Jurys and would certainly stay there again during future visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a river view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ncsubballgirl05

Dear ncsubballgirl05,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago first impressions were "oh this is nice" I arrived and there was a bit of a que of travellers but the staff were really quick in getting that que down was very impressed no hanging about checked in and got to my room on level 5 loved it really really clean I couldn't fault that room one bit the cleaners are fab they don't come to early either to clean , very very nice they were aswell gold star to them :-) breakfast was great help yourself loved that the whole hotel was a pleasure to stay in very close to shops for us ladies I will be returning to this hotel again when im next in the city for a weekender again forgot to add the staff were all very nice aswell something you don't always get in hotels but in the jurys they were lovely ... Thanks for a lovely stay xx

Room Tip: I stayed in room 530 family room double bed one single bed not to badly sized :-)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 81lyn

Dear 81lyn,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular you found our staff and facilities so impressive.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at Jurys Inn Glasgow while working away overnite, hotel was nicely decorated with had pleasant desk staff who were happy to help upon arrival. Room backed onto the Central Station but didnt cause to much disruption with the noise of the trains. Bed was comfortable enough and I had a good nite sleep. Best thing was the bar staff, friendly welcoming and made you feel very comfortable which is very important for a woman by herself. Would recommend !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ColetteTyler

Dear Colette,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular you found our staff to be so welcoming.