Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 13 April 2014

stayed for a shopping trip one night triple room booked, great location for St Enoch centre and Buchanan street shops. Hotel spotlessly clean, reception staff friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn F
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Dawn,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever returning please let me know - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,682)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I loved staying in this hotel. It is everything i was expecting. Super comfortable bed, very clean room and friendly staff. Excellent location only 2 minutes walk to central station, and just 5 minutes walk from the shopping area. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clatrudy

Dear Clatrudy,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

In Japan, 49% of men urinate sitting down. This is primarily because most toilets there are powered by electricity are are extremely high tech: get your aim wrong and you could destroy the khazi.

However - Jurys Inn has bog standard bogs which will never short circuit. So it stands to reason that male visitors are going to want to raise the toilet seat when taking a leak. However - the seat in room 617 just wouldn't stand up.

What's more, the sink seemed to be blocked. When I removed the plug, it took quite a while to drain.

Hopefully there is no connection between the wonky seat and the blocked sink.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank misterpastry

Dear Misterpastry,

Thank you for your insightful review. Please accept my apologies for the issue you faced with the toilet seat. Should you have brought this to the attention of our of our dedicated team members we could have assisted you in getting this problem resolved.

Thankfully we have now rectified the issue as result of your review.

Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further or if you are returning to Glasgow
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at Jury's for 10 weeks recently. Staff were so helpful and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an excellent city centre hotel. Rooms were spotless, spacious. Food was good in both bar and restaurant. 10/10 to the whole team there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie R
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope you don’t miss the hotel and team too much after spending so much time here!

The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct as we would all be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel- niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Jurys is ideal situated for either shopping or nights out in the city centre .rooms are nicely set up .our room was looking up the platform on central station and ee never heard any noise from the train station whatsoever.staff very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank kellyt251097

Dear Kelly,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the 3rd time I have been to this hotel and I really like it. It is very clean and comfortable. It has a lovely big t.v. and great shower with lots of hot water. The food is very good, lots of choice for breakfast even when you go towards the end. We really enjoyed our stay. The ambience is good as well, it is nice and quiet and I found the staff very courteous and helpful. Oh and I loved seeing the rugby players coming to breakfast in (appropriate) shorts.
Now one little niggle. Although the staff were mostly very helpful there were a couple of (very) small incidents that irked me. The member of staff got my address wrong when I arrived and when I corrected her, instead of just apologising to me and attempting to correct it, she made an excuse and her colleague jumped in and in quite an irritable manner made the same excuse. The second incident was when I explained to a member of staff that I was planning to come back in May and asked for his help in getting the best deal. He told me to just look it up on the internet. These incidents I felt did not engender my loyalty and although I really do like this hotel I am sure there are plenty other nice hotels in Glasgow and I thought I might as well try a different one if they weren't that bothered about getting my custom again. I discovered the hotel when I was sent by work and liked it enough to want to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dealande

Dear Janine,

I am surprised that you found the team to be rude as they usually get excellent comments. We will take your comments on board and work with them to ensure all guests feel they receive the service they deserve. If you could like to contact me directly I would be happy to discuss your return visit to the hotel. - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited for the first time in April 2014. Found it had it's negative and positive points.

On the negative side, the room was very cold which I found a bit uncomfortable. We also had to get 3 different sets of key cards as none seemed to work on our room door, causing us to call staff to open it each time we returned to the hotel. Simple things like a bath mat would have been welcomed as the bathroom floor was absolutely soaking after a shower and there always seemed to be noise in the hallways and from other rooms with the paper thin walls.

On the positive side, the staff all seemed to be really friendly and the hotel is in a great location for anything you wish to get up to in Glasgow. I asked for some vegetarian options at breakfast and it didn't seem to be a problem for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FeefTheHippy

Dear FeefTheHippy,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with noise but if you are returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.