“Great hotel. No extras given though!”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Stromness, United Kingdom
“Great hotel. No extras given though!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night before a wedding and I'd paid extra to stay in one of the superior rooms, the perks included was a free coffee, late checkout and a nicer room.

I can't complain about the room, it was spotless and provided us with everything we needed, it was just a shame I had paid extra but received no benefit from this. No mention of a free coffee, check out was normal time and I'd booked it direct with Jurys inn!

We had a great view from our room, was a bit noisy but nothing too serious! Lovely clean spacious room.

Breakfast was disappointing, I'd heard such good reviews! Cooked section was tiny and I didn't feel like it was worth the extra cost, would have been fine if it was included.

All in all, a nice hotel with nice staff just wish I'd paid for a normal room.

Stayed July 2014
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Rebookoo,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the problem with this hotel is its location-it is in the seedier part of town. other than that it does ok- it has negotiated a reduction in the nearby car park but has no porters to help unload. Breakfast is extra and it is good but is £11+. Rooms have everything but on day 1 our room was not cleaned at 2,30 when I came back, it was finally cleaned-cursorily at 3,30pm.
The staff make up for the hotel's shortcomings- the bar staff-especially a young lad called Gareth and the Reception staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AynieLondon,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with the room not being ready. I was delighted to read your comment about Gareth and will pass this onto him.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed in a Jurys Inn before (in Islington), and our stay there was wonderful, so we were expecting big things from Glasgow. I am pleased to say that we were not disappointed! Our room was spotlessly clean, and the facilities were high standard. A great location, as it was very close to pubs, eateries, and the main shopping strip of Glasgow. Staff were extremely attentive and friendly. The only reason that I've scored a 4 instead of a 5 is that I was a little surprised at how expensive drinks were in the bar, but that was a minor issue, and didn't affect my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river give good views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Becky,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed for just one night, on arrival the frontage is a bit dour but once inside it is fine. Although I was single occupancy I had 2 double beds, TV ironing stuff, very night bathroom with bath and shower, toilet and sink. I had an evening meal in the hotel and the best half roast chicken for £12 served by a very enthusiastic waiter who was very attentive. Room was excellent. I had the full buffet breakfast before leaving which was good and comprehensive.. Being 3 minutes from Glasgow central station was a bonus and for a walk round town in the evening you are already there. GREAT VENUE.

Room Tip: Have a room away from railway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Tony,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago. But am looking forward to returning next week as part of the commonwealth games party. I had a train station room but it never once caused me a problem and I don't consider myself to be a good sleeper. The room was spacious, immaculately clean, with a good bathroom. I found the breakfast service to be excellent with a very good selection. I also spent time in the bar with friends and the staff there were great. The city centre location was a definite bonus. In fact I had no grumbles at all and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay a while back and we are looking forward to welcoming you again next week. Should you require anything during your stay please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable room, good breakfast but I never had other meals because lots of restaurants within walking distance. There is a restaurant in house. Rooms reasonable size, bathrooms good but not spectacular.Definitely worth a stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Service was good - the staff in reception was nice and accommodation, both when we checked in, and addressed them concerning a smell of smoke in the room (the neighbor smoked..) which was addressed quickly.

However, even though we slept on the last floor, the noise from the trains coming in and out of the station was loud enough to be a disturbance. If possible, ask for a room facing away from the station.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay but please accept my apologies for the noisy room. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager