“30th birthday bash”

Ranked #409 of 2,506 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Lucky 7 is a no airs or graces kind of gaff with a pretty simple aim - to quench the thirst of the good people of Glasgow with a small but perfectly formed drinks list and some truly banging tunes. Join us for a bit of pre-bev action if you are heading over to our noisy neighbours Flat 0/1 of an evening, with a great selection of craft cans, non-poncey wines, and even the odd cocktail if we are feeling particularly adventurous.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We visited lucky 7 on Saturday 19th July to celebrate our friends 30th birthday. All I can say is from start to finish, it was amazing. The staff were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We had the room at the back booked (free of charge) and what a room that was. We were even allowed to decorate the place with balloons banners and bunting. The atmosphere, food, drinks and service was brilliant. I can most assure, we will be visiting again! Thanks lucky 7 for making our friends birthday a memorable one!

Lucky7Canteen, Manager at Lucky 7, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi there!

My oh my! What an amazing review! It was myself and one of our supervisors, Emma, who looked after you on Saturday and you were a delight to have in.

Please do come back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Came in with a friend visiting from overseas around 8pm on a Friday, and it was fairly quiet. We were in fact one of only about 3 or 4 tables at the time. Despite that, we really appreciated the great music - blues, soul, rockabilly - and just loud enough to create a better atmosphere without being intrusive.

The decor is fairly rustic and fuss-free, with a bar as soon as you step in then a long table and tools down the middle with little booths along the wall.

My friend wasn't feeling particularly hungry so she ordered just a starter: goat's cheese and peppered strawberry salad while I had a main: pork belly with colcannon mash and apple cider gravy. I also asked for a side of Stornoway black pudding to go with. We stuck to table water as it was a very hot and sticky evening and we'd already had enough alcohol-wise that afternoon. However, it felt almost warm to the taste. Perhaps a little ice would've helped considering how balmy it was!

The salad was good, according to my friend, nice dressing and a good amount of pepper to set off the creaminess of the goat's cheese.

My pork belly was tasty, the colcannon was a good texture to contrast the mash. The apple cider gravy was sweet and acidic, a great companion to the overall richness of the whole dish, I'd say that was the best thing about the plate. I recall the menu mentioning a top of crunchy crackling on my pork belly, though I must say it was entirely lacking and could've been much, much crispier, a bit disappointed with that. The meat was hence very fatty, which I don't mind, I usually love fat but a bit of that tasty crunch would've set off the whole meal! Other than that, a delicious plate of homely food.

The Stornoway on the side was lovely, no frills, nothing fancy, just two slices of good quality black pud.

I couldn't fault the service as it was okay, but wouldn't say it was particularly stand out or memorable.

Overall it was just… good, nice, an average experience but nothing to write home about. I'd come back to sample the cocktails, and also for the price. It was £16-something between us and good value.

Hi there

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Lucky 7 Canteen.

First of all, I am glad that you enjoyed the music and that you noticed the interesting but fuss-free decor.

I am slightly concerned, however, that you said that the experience "okay" and that it wasn't "stand out or memorable" - however you have went into great detail about how much you enjoyed your food and that you "couldn't fault the service".

I do hope that you come back again to, as you said, sample cocktails and to get a good bargain of a meal.

If there is anything in particular that you would like to discuss about your experience, please do contact me directly on 0141 331 6227 or meetme@lucky7canteen.co.uk. I am here most days.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Had read some of the negative reviews so was a bit worried but as the 5pm deal was so good I thought I would give it a go and I'm so glad. I went with my hubby and in laws and we were all very impressed. The deal we had was 2 courses and a bottle of wine for £24.77 per couple. The portions didn't look massive but were actuallyore than adequate and very filling.

Between us the starters were pea and ham soup, ham hough terrine and 2 goats cheese with peppered strawberry. I tried a bit of everyone's being a gannet and all were delish. The soup was so tasty and could have been a meal on it's own. I was very pleased with my goats cheese. Then mains were Moroccan chicken stew x2 and Stornoway black pudding x2. The men were very happy with the black pudding and polished it off. I had the stew which was gorgeous, full of flavour with lovely moist chicken. We had a bottle of white and red and again I tried both I'm no expert but both were lovely. My father in law who rarely drinks really enjoyed the red.

The staff were friendly and not over bearing and the decor is fantastic. I've already recommended lucky 7 to several friend's and will definitely be back again.

Lucky7Canteen, Manager at Lucky 7, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi there!

Thank you very much for your fantastic review about your excellent experience at Lucky 7! I am also glad that you have already recommended us to several of your friends. Also, I am delighted you found the staff friend and not too over bearing...there is really nothing worse than an over-attentive waiter!
When you do come back, we have a new Market Menu that changes every couple of days depending on what is in season etc.

Once again, thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Over the past few years I've been in here 4-5 times and have enjoyed some excellent food and anyone I've been in with has had a nice meal. The staff aree very attentive, but not to the point where you feel like you're being harrassed like a few places I can mention. Nice beer, a good selection of xale and a fantastic menu. Steak was melt in the mouth perfectly cooked and nice dressing on the salad. Had Salmon linguini last time, which was on special. Really nice sauce and flavour to it. Never had a burger, but they look immende. I'll definitely be in regularly :)

Even if they don't have a spacethey'll fo their best to squeeze you in and make sure you're happy 10/10. The music was also very groovy and I remember some old school blues and soul in there...

Hi there!

Wow! What a great review!

I am so glad that you have went into quite some detail about your experience and I am happy that you picked up on the attentiveness of the staff, the quality of the food and especially the choice of music.

Please do come back again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As we hadn't booked into one of our favourite places in Bath Street - we thought we'd give this place a go as it's virtually opposite & we'd never been. The inside décor is shabby chic with little booths & a big wooden table down the centre with benches, candles & bottles of water & glasses available.
The menu looked really varied & we decided to have the soup & sandwich special & the 5 spice chinese pulled pork in a ciabatta. The waitress was very pleasant & the food arrived promptly. Unfortunately my cheese & broccoli soup had been watered down so much that you only had the vaguest sensation of the taste it should have had & my toasted cheese sandwich was sailing close to trade descriptions as it had been cremated & there was only a tiny bit of grated cheese in there whilst the vast majority of filling was watercress.
My husbands ciabatta could have been used to repair the wooden tables as it was so hard & again the majority filling was watercress.
Maybe we were just un LUCKY with the menu choices but unfortunately until the owners get staff in the kitchen as good as they have in front of house we won't be going back for food.

Hi there

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review based on your experience at Lucky 7.

I am glad that you picked up on the quality of the decor and the excellent service you received off of Amy.

I am concerned, however, that the food you received did not meet up to our usual high standards. I am sure that if you had brought this to Amy's attention, she would've arranged for your meal to be replaced. Each and every table that comes into the restaurant get's checked back on within 5 minutes of their meal being served to make sure that everything is great and allow the opportunity to raise any complaints.

I really do hope that you visited here on a very rare "off day" and that this will not put you off coming back again.

Due to the nature of this review, I would appreciate it if you would contact me here directly so that we can discuss this in more detail.

I am here most days and can be contact on meetme@lucky7canteen.co.uk or 0141 331 6227.