“Perfect Apartment. Perfect Night.”
other travellers have booked this property
Floor to Ceiling Window...lots of light... View of downstairs area from the kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Floor to Ceiling Window...lots of light...
View of downstairs area from the kitchen
Lounge Area
Stunning Kitchen
Kitchen with Gas Hob in focus..
The apartment has a fabulous layout and design
Upstairs Bathroom
Bath in Upstairs Bathroom (there is also a shower cubicle aswell)
Little Touches...bathroom...
Downstairs Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DAH4949
Larkhall, United Kingdom
“Perfect Apartment. Perfect Night.”
Reviewed 11 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

For my wife's birthday surprise I had arranged to go for a meal at Alston's in Glasgow Central followed by a gig at the famous Barrowlands Ballroom. There was a group of 5 of us and I was initially going to book some rooms in a hotel in town but decided to look into hiring an apartment. The cost of the apartment for one night was easily and favourably comparable with booking out 3 rooms and I felt that it would be better if we were all in the one place rather than sitting in our own hotel rooms before and after the gig.

Once I made contact with Craig and made him aware of my plans, specifically the surprise element, he could not have been more helpful.

He went out of his way to accommodate all the ideas that I had to make the stay the perfect surprise for my wife and even arranged to meet my friends during the day at the apartment so they could stock the fridge with goodies and put up banners and balloons, which was a really great touch that went over and above my expectations.

As for the apartment. It was really great. Lovely and modern with all the facilities you'd expect at home. We all really enjoyed looking out from the balcony over Glasgow and you can even get a look at The Clyde going by if you looked to your right.

The location was perfect. Right in the heart of Glasgow with Argyle St and Central station within a couple of minute's walk, we were so close to where we needed to be that we didn't need to use any transport and just walked to the gig while visiting a few bars in Merchant City along the way.

It should be noted this is not a place for wild after parties as you are in a residential block, but you can have a really enjoyable time as you would your own home until the wee small hours as long as you treat the neighbouring residents with the respect that they deserve. We managed to have terrific time this way.

If you are in a group of 4 or more and are looking for somewhere to stay that is handy for all you could wish to do in the city, then this is the place to book. On the whole, it's a much better idea than a hotel and you can access all the major transport links within a few minutes to get to where you want to go.

The location, the apartment and the hospitality all combined made for the perfect stay. I would recommend anyone to use METROPOLE when visiting Glasgow.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, facilities but most of all customer service.
Liked least: Not being able to stay longer. :-)
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 8 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Travelling group: Other
Hannah B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic few nights”
Reviewed 23 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at this apartment in February during the lead up to my wedding day. I booked the apartment a year in advance and the communication from Craig was excellent. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon to check in and Craig showed us all around the apartment. It's absolutely stunning and is in such a great location. Even though you are in the city centre you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere it is that quiet. I highly recommend this apartment and will not hesitate to stay here the next time I am down in Glasgow.

One thing that would make it even better is a couple hooks on the doors in the bathroom and one downstair in the laundry cupboard to hang up a jacket or two.

Thanks again Craig for all your help!

Hannah.

Issy85
“FANTASTIC WEEKEND”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Absolutely loved this flat and would Defo use again.
Used it after a boxing night so it was convenient for friends to stay yet be able to have a few drinks after. Everyone loved it and spoke about using more often.
Had everything we needed!

The service was excellent aswell, even to the point the owner let us in early on the Saturday to suit me and even let us keep our car there till the the Monday because weren't fit to drive on the Sunday.

Couldn't recommend highly enough great weekend and fantastic value for money as a group of us.

Value Rooms

Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
sparklesj...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing apartment in the perfect location”
Reviewed 16 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I rented this apartment for one night for a group of five for a friends Birthday surprise. The apartment covers two floors with a spiral stair case leading up to the bedrooms, the beds were really comfortable and the one in the double room was massive. We loved the spacious open plan living area/kitchen and it even had a balcony. The design was luxurious and well finished and very clean.
The apartment is just next to the river and next to the Merchant City and Central train station - so very central. It also came with an indoor parking space with was great as parking can be expensive in Central Glasgow.
We didn't get to meet the owner, Craig but he was very quick to respond to all my questions and very helpful.
I would Highly recommend this apartment and will be booking it in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the open plan layout and location.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
17 Jan 2015
Hi Jenny

Thank you so much for such an amazing review of the apartment.. I can't tell you how pleased I am when i hear such great feedback. Makes all the hard work worth it.

Thanks also for taking the time to write such a detailed review which can only benefit my future guests who plan to come stay at the apartment.

Hopefully i will get to meet you all in person next time :)

Best Regards
Craig
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing