“Amazing”

Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Side
Description: Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, enjoying dinner with friends or planning an intimate meal for two - our welcoming friendly staff provide a warm and cosy atmosphere for you to enjoy authentic Italian wines and cuisine. With an extensive menu on offer and an excellent range of wines to complement your meal, why not call in or contact us to make a reservation, and you could enjoy great tasting food, at reasonable prices, with your friends or loved ones.
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Myself and my wife visited for dinner on 18th June 2016 for a golden wedding dinner for my sister and brother in law...there were over 20 of us and all I can say was WAW..
I have never seen as much food served in my life...the food was plentiful and delicious and the service was welcoming from start to finish..we were made to feel at home in every way..and nothing was a problem..
To be honest I had never heard of the restraunt but now that we have found it..what a find...I would recommend this restraunt to anyone...you won't be disappointed...
We will be back..often..John & Denise..

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 22 June 2016

After reading the reviews for this restaurant, my three siblings and I took a 30 minute car journey from Greenock to try the restaurant - the trip was well worth it.

We were greeted warmly and shown to a table. The waitress explained the choices of the day and the logic of the menu which offered two courses for £6.50 and an extra course for £2.00 in the lunchtime special.

Our waiter gave us time to settle and was very pleasant and attentive. The starters arrived quickly and were well-presented, warm, tasty and ample. The main courses were also of a high standard with substantial portion sizes, my sister and I didn't finish our main, but we had eyes on dessert.

We had asked for water and tea to be served when our main course was available. A waitress came to the table after the main was served and asked if it would be OK to serve our tea. It was a good cup of tea, actually, because we had individual pots of tea, we managed three cups from each pot.

When we received the bill, we were very pleasantly surprised to find that the total for four was £44, despite some supplementary charges for slightly more expensive dishes and Coca Cola (the real thing in a 330ml can).

There was a good atmosphere in the restaurant, it was busy but not jammed and although people were clearly talking, we were not disturbed by their conversations.
The toilets were clean, fresh and well-appointed.

Although it was our first visit, I expect we will go at least a few times over the summer.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Decided to leave the usual city centre places on a recent trip to Glasgow, and found this absolute gem.
The service was first class and on ordering we discovered there was a difference between what was on the online menu to the restaurant menu. Not a problem, the chef would accommodate our wishes.
We were not to be disappointed, as our dishes were of the highest quality.
The biggest shock came when we received the bill, as it was half the cost of our meal in the city centre the day before, and a far better standard.
We will definitely return on our next visit, and highly recommend Bella Vita to all.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Can't rate this restaurant highly enough. Excellent food and fantastic service. Booked for a large family get together and everything was organised to perfection. Can't beat it!
Thank you Mimmo and your fab staff for such a wonderful day.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We celebrated my daughter's communion at the restaurant. The staff were friendly,service was amazing. Could not have failed anything food was delicious and very good value.