“Wouldn't return”

Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Side
Description: Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, enjoying dinner with friends or planning an intimate meal for two - our welcoming friendly staff provide a warm and cosy atmosphere for you to enjoy authentic Italian wines and cuisine. With an extensive menu on offer and an excellent range of wines to complement your meal, why not call in or contact us to make a reservation, and you could enjoy great tasting food, at reasonable prices, with your friends or loved ones.
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Usually go to the West End for lunch with friends but thought we would go here for a wee change. Very disappointed. No ambiance at all & the food was very bland. Looked like a canteen rather than an Italian restaurant. Would not recommend.

Date of visit: July 2016
8  Thank Caroline A
Write a reviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Must be one of the nicest italian restaurants in Glasgow. Food is amazing, staff are very polite, friendly and very attentive to your requests. Spotless and very welcoming place to go... Prices are very good.

1  Thank grace c
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We have been to Bella Vita many times and every time I am amazed by the portion size and value for money you get at such a well regarded restaurant.

Recently was the first time I had been to the restaurant since being diagnosed with coeliac disease. It was my first time to an Italian restaurant with the gluten intolerance so I was slightly nervous as to what the quality of the pasta would be versus the normal pasta I'd been so used to.

I took the safe option of spag bol and I genuinely could not tell the difference between the gluten free and normal pastas. I actually doubled checked with the waiter that it actually was gluten free!

This place never disappoints and is truly one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to and best gluten free meal I've had to date.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant many times and can't fault any of the food it is always delicious and good value however I love the carbonara so much that's all I ever want to eat.... Staff are very friendly and always make us feel very welcome definitely one of the best Italian restaurants about and it's local so it's very handy for me

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

The staff were lovely. We were given a table on a very very busy night and we're treated very nicely. The starters were lovely but the lasagne not so for me. The portion size was good but it was too salty for my taste. The whole thing was excellent value for money...we couldn't believe the total for 2 starters 2 mains 2 glasses of wine a coke and a tea was under £30! Excellent. Lovely place and we'd go back for sure

Date of visit: July 2016