“Avoid if you can”

Trader Joes Bar
Ranked #1,360 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Avoid if you can”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Got a groupon voucher for this so gave it a try. Service was so slow and we waited over 50 minutes for food. My friends fish was uncooked, and my chicken was tasteless. even the apple crumble was bland and nasty. We were offered no reduction in the bill or refund for the fish which was almost raw in the middle. The poor waitress tried her best, but she was fighting a losing battle. In our time there we saw four dishes sent back. All in all not worth the money , and if we had paid full price we would not have been so amiable about it.

3 Thank wok38

“Give it a MISS!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Following a shopping trip visited mid afternoon. Big mistake! Food was very disappointing, service was just a delivery duty,atmosphere was dreadful,foul language between staff and some of the few customers,chef behind bar chatting with bartender and wandering aimlessly around, one member of staff shooting pool, no attention after meals dumped in front of us, had to go to request and collect condiments.My wife and I eat out regularly and I always leave a gratuity minimum 10%. On this occasion I didn't but don't suppose anyone noticed or cared!!! Whole experience was awful,particularly the dining, not recommended!!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank gavin m
“Terribly disappointed”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Food wasn't up to much, real tacky place,not a nice atmosphere and the staff looked like they couldn't care less, been to this pub before the new owners arrives and would say.it has gone way down hill from there, would not recommend this place to anyone

6 Thank therealmans
Glasgow
“Very pleasant afternoon”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We visited on Sunday with a Groupon and we were very pleasantly surprised, the meal was excellent, compliments to the Chef,our waitress was a lovely young girl from Canada very attentive and pleasant a credit to the establishment, our only regret was the plates could be warmer and we couldn't get booked for a Saturday.

“ok at a push.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Purchased a groupon for a starter, 8oz steak and a 250ml wine. Starter was a plate of fried stuff so couldn't really go wrong, was OK taste wise, but our booking was at 6.30pm and at this point was maybe 6.45/50, would seem that the chef wanted to go home as a waiter came over to clear the plates even though one person was still eating, she had to quickly takes things from the platter to a side plate before it was Swiped away! About 3 mins later our mains arrived. Which was an 8oz steak......it was more like a 4/5 oz frying steak! The wine went down well though! No offer of desert so we thought we would treat ourself to a cocktail....I ordered a French Martini, what I was given was not a French Martini as it contained triple sec? Which the barman told me it was the same as Chambord, he didn't have a clue! Was a shame that the original waitress finished her shift once we got drinks(Canadian I think?) As maybe our experience would have been different? She was very friendly and seemed to be the only member of staff doing anything, as 4 or 5 others propped the bar.
I have used groupon once before and have returned, is that not the point at trader joes? I won't be anyway.

• Visited September 2012