“A great Scottish breakfast”
Review of Cafe Mimi's - CLOSED

Cafe Mimi's
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were staying at the Premier Inn but decided to go out for breakfast and find a proper cafe, and that's exactly what Cafe Mimi's is. It gives a warm and friendly welcome with the best breakfasts. I can vouch for the porridge (made the proper way!!) poached eggs on toast and the big breakfast, all made to perfection, and excellent value for money, we went in every morning of our stay in Glasgow (and only a 10 minute walk from the Premier In)
We would recommend it anyone and we will be back - next time for the beef olives!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have had many Scottish breakfasts in my time but nothing tastes better than cafe Mimi s breakfast with real butchers sq sausage what value at£2.50 or go large at £3.50 and service with a smile to boot will be back soon

1  Thank bazzarboy
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The title just about explains everything you need to know about Mimi's. Atmosphere is definitely on the menu from the minute you walk in the door, Colin, his daughter and all the staff make everyone welcome and with this in mind time flies as you talk and joke over the varied and superbly prepared menu.
Colin has also managed to define the laws of physics be discovering a way of heating water to a temperature never experienced before, a 'warm' drink you will never receive on your visit here.
If you are in Glasgow and fancy a great coffee, tea or lunch I suggest you take a detour to Mimi's and meet some of the nicest people I've met in years.
Nothing seems to much to ask and is always delivered with a smile at a great price, 5 minutes from the George Square in the centre of Glasgow.

1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Trip advisor asked if this was the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant. I answered no because it's a throw away question in my book. I've eaten in plenty of good restaurants but not that many that offer great food complimented by amazing people who offer each and every person a warm welcome and a reason to return. Colin is fantastic at making every person feel like a personal friend and welcome at any time. Niamh (Colin's daughter) is a chip of the old block and another person who just makes you feel good about being in their company. Little gems are hard to come by but you should seek Mimi's out you will not be disappointed. The haggis is excellent!!!!

3  Thank Ken A
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This has now become our every Sunday morning treat. Forget slaving over the stove with a hangover! The granary toast is to die for - thick chunky slices of bread buttered to perfection. The bacon is the perfect level of post-hangover saltiness and the square sausage (which I normally never get anywhere else) is crispy on the outside and meaty on the inside. Afew scrambled eggs and you've got yourself a longstanding winner. Om nom nom nom.

Thanks Mimi's for making our Sundays.

Zara