“Very decent”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Tasty, fresh, nice staff, bit pricey, but gid. Take you’re mom, take the old pops. You can even sit outside on a nice day and take your pet rat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were lucky enough to visit this restaurant on a beautiful sunny day and sit outside. Being surrounded by the bamboo, Vietnamese flags and drinking a bottle of Hanoi beer we really did feel like we were back on our travels in Vietnam.
The food was delicious and we felt very authentic, they even dressed the dishes with coriander and mint leaves just as they do in Vietnam. The seasonal greens where to die for, I could have easily eaten several plates of those alone.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this restaurant to any lover of Asian food and will be returning if I come back to Glasgow.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on Saturday 26th May for dinner. We weren't expecting to be given a table on account of how busy it was, but after a 10 minute wait, we were seated and drinks orders promptly taken, to our surprise.

At the Hanoi Bike Shop, there are no starters, main courses, etc. Everything is cooked at once and taken out to the table as and when it's ready - this is made apparent on the menu, and the helpful and friendly waiter also advised us of this.

I had the Vietnamese fishcakes from the street food section of the menu, these were fresh, warm and contained fish - and prawns, which was a surprise. Served with chilli oil and salad. The letdown here was the salad; limp, wet, full of mint leaves and I have no idea what the dressing was. One mouthful and I needed a drink of beer to keep it down. Inedible.

However, the chilli glazed pork with crispy rice cakes was outstanding. The pork was seasoned and cooked to perfection, the crispy rice cakes were delicious and thankfully the salad that came with this was much better than the wet mush that was served with the fishcakes.

No complaints with the salt and chilli squid; very nice, although the bizarre mint leaves in the salad persisted. Maybe I'm just ignorant. The crispy salt and honey duck leg was absolutely terrific, my partner thoroughly enjoyed it and I also tried some. This is what I would order next time.

The main criticisms I have are the salad, our table being far too close to the gent's toilets - I'm of the opinion that there should be a minimum distance between the tables and the toilets, but this can hardly be helped - and the odd, rather off-putting smell of fish oil which discouraged us from ordering desserts.

No real qualms with the bill, we left feeling fed and stopped for ice cream on the walk back to Partick, so still had some room left over. Quirky little place with interesting decor, attentive staff and good, authentic Vietnamese food, but could definitely make a few tweaks to bring their marking up a bit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So I came here over a year ago and was keen to come back: it’s slid horribly. The rice paper rolls were horrible. The corn and coconut fritters were just stodge: no corn could be discerned from the mush. The sea bream and pork belly was over cooked by a good margin and not worth the cost at all. The flavours overall were bland and not authentic at all (they’re heavy on the salt to cover this up).It’s like someone who didn’t know how Vietnamese food is supposed to taste was just chucking a bunch of ingredients together. We were really disappointed because this place used to be great. Go back to your roots!! You’re just trading on your name now.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Part of the 'Chip' group, which I have tried the other venues previoulsy and enjoyed, and came with good recommendations. Quirky venue, friendly staff, interesting menu with an unashamedly Scottish take on Vietnamese food. Chose the 'feed me' option. Generally enjoyed the suggestions/choices, pork dish was slightly dry - good value. Also a good selection of reasonably prices wines (that go with Asian food). Will be back.