“Fresh seafood at its best”

The Fish People Cafe
Ranked #14 of 2,447 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Fresh seafood at its best”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A friend recommended this cafe but said it was difficult to get a table. Scored one on our first phone call and were not disappointed. It is a very small venue and probably has a maximum capacity of thirty diners at tables and a small bar area. There is a small outside area but as it was raining everyone was inside. Unfortunately it was crowded and the noise was unbearable however the food was great. We both had the haddock with black pudding on a crumpet. Sounds strange but was delicious and was served with beans and almonds in a garlic sauce. The location would have put me off but my friend knew the area and was not concerned .

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have been to the cafe quite a few times now and find it one of the best for food and service. The staff are always polite and attentive. You can't go wrong if you like seafood. Only problem, fish and chips which is the best you can get is not on the menu, it's a special so I always keep my fingers crossed.

• Visited June 2014
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Just getting a table was a prize”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As the title suggests my wife and i had been trying to get to eat here for a while. We were not disappointed one Saturday lunchtime. I am not a big fish fan but the Fish Cafe Menu has some exciting options from the mussels to the main courses. Ok, so I went for the battered haddock special but so did the entire restaurant it seemed except for my wife who had the sea bass.

Be patient get a table and enjoy.

Watch out for parking though. The operator of the car park has the Ticket machine set 8 minutes fast so if you go to top up your 1 hour ticket you need to go early. Not restaurant's fault just a heads up! I would take the subway. The restaurant is next door at Shields Road

• Visited March 2014
Kilmaurs, United Kingdom
“Small place, great food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I didnt expect such a wee restaurant was going to offer that wonderful food. We are fish livres and we asked for some oysters and seabass. Everything was fresh, tasty and very well cooked. The staffs nice and efficient. I highly recomend the place to fish lovers.

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous fish, quirky place”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had a lovely Sunday Lunch there recently. Was my first visit and really liked the setting....very easy to get from any underground station as right next to Shields Road underground. Sourcing the freshest of ingredients from the sister business, The Fish People fishmonger, I knew, as a regular customer of the fishmonger that fish would be fab.What I did not know is that you can call ahead to order fish of your choice, just in case the menu does not carry it on that day. On the food, shrimp cocktail was fab (if a little massive!) and Langoustine tasty an sweet. This little restaurant is lovely, but think they can get even better by increasing the range of white fish. A definite must for locals and visitors to Glasgow alike.

• Visited June 2014