“Glasgow Weekend away”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My family stayed at the premier inn in glasgow for a long weekend away. The hotel is in a great location next to the shopping centre and many restaurants such as the red onion. The hotel was simply excellent, clean, comfortable and great staff who are extremely polite. Check in was a breeze and we were on the 12th floor. They had a few problems with the lifts but all was ok when we were staying there. Breakfast was good and under 15s are free. A great stay and without question we would stay here again. Credit to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard W

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here from Saturday 14th December and it was the best premier inn yet I have stayed in. On arrival I was greeted by a helpful young chap who couldn't be me more obliging. The room was also fantastic on the top floor with excellent views and top notch cleanliness, it was also one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in, i managed to get the room for £29 which too me as am absolute bargain. 10/10 all the way. Even on leaving the helpful guy from earlier was very courteous and I managed to keep my bags in a secure room until later on in the day. I wish I had caught the guys name as he deserves recognition and certainly made my stay and even more of an enjoyable one. I'd recommend staying here to anyone

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed one night as we were in Glasgow for a partyt night. This is the best £42 I have spent on a hotel. Biggest room I have ever had in a premier inn. Had a high floor with great view over the city. Beds were so comfortable had a great night sleep. Breakfast was better than some 3 or 4 star hotels we have been to. We will definately stay here on our next visit to Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for one night last week whilst doing some Christmas shopping. I am normally a big fan of Premier Inns, and have come to expect a certain standard, i.e. a friendly welcome and a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price.
Whilst we did get a clean and comfortable room, the staff let this particular Inn down badly. We arrived at just after 2pm, there was a small queue waiting to check in and two staff members dealing with them. We noticed the self service check in and decided to use that. We checked in and made our way to our room. Not one person spoke to us or even acknowledged our presence.
We checked out the next morning and made our way to reception to ask a question about car parking. There was just one person at the desk and she was on the telephone. We stood in front of her whilst she carried on her conversation.Not once did she look up or interrupt her conversation, in fact she pointedly ignored us. We got fed up of waiting and in the end just walked out, feeling very dissapointed indeed with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Goasoul
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for one night to see Andrew Bocelli at the new Hydro. This is a hotel where it is a self service book in and to be honest I hadn't a clue what to do, however there was a member of staff on hand who was of great assistance and all we had to do was enter our debit card and punch in the pin number.

Being aware that most of the restaurants would be busy we decided to have dinner in the hotel. I asked where I could book a table, however the same staff member asked what time we would like to eat and he booked a table for us.

Dinner was excellent and with a bottle of 'plonk' for under £15 it was a great start to the evening.

The standard room we were allocated was very spacious with a chez longue situated at the window. Room spotless and a credit to the chambermaid. Comfy bed with the usual choice of pillows etc. All in all a great stat to the evening. Every member of staff I spoke to was very polite and courteous and a credit to the hotel chain.

Room Tip: An upper room avoids any traffic noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

New hotel, lovely clean, tidy and surprisingly spacious room. Food was good standard so well worthwile staying. Only two gripes. One the lifts. You have ylto use your room card to use the lift but it is incredibly fiddly and myself and several other lift users spent ages trying to get them to work. My other only gripe is if you are a smoker there is no provision made for your comfort. Unless you coint the bus shelter outside the entrance. All in all a good place to stay though.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank hammered70
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Staff were wonderful, sorted out 2 rooms next to each other on the top floor, tucked away so we weren't disturbed. We were greeted by surprise helium balloons, card & chocs for my son's birthday! Rooms were clean & spacious. Breakfast was tasty & plentiful. Hotel is in a perfect location right in the centre of town, next to every amenity you could think of from shopping to eating to cinema. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family