Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideally situated. Shops, restaurants and attractions are all within a minutes walk.
Staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spotless.
We took up the offer of the meal deal and had no complaints whatsoever.
The had only one point that we could complain about. There are three lifts of which only two were working. During peak checkout check in times it could take a long time to get to the exit. This would no put us off and we will definitely be returning in the near future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elaineT1888
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I stay here for 12 nights. We were given a good room on the 15th floor with a nice view of the city. The room was clean and prepared well each day. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room cleaning staff were also very helpful and friendly. Security of the hotel is very good as you need your room card to use the elevator, hotel entrance doors (late at night) and the 15th floor doors as well as your room door. The hotel restaurant was very good as well. We ate breakfast at the hotel two times during our stay and this was very pleasant but I thought the selection of food should have been slightly bigger for the price or alternatively the hotel should consider an alternate room price which includes breakfast. The bar and restaurant were closed on Christmas day so in such a case I recommend to management that a few pre-made sandwiches should have been made available for purchase. A small complaint I have is that mainly at night in the room I could hear a noise which I assume was either the heating or a hot water pump. Another suggestion I have for management is to have some larger rooms equipped with a small refrigerator (even if the price per day is slightly higher). For the price this hotel is highly recommended and we will probably stay here again.

1  Thank robert3892
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Lovely new hotel right in middle of all shops pubs theatres eating places .Hotel New all staff friendly and food very good .5 minutes from central rail station 2 mins from Queen street Riley station 2 minutes Buchanan bus station .

Room Tip: All lovely quiet 18 floors good view from my room 605
3  Thank DurhamEnglandHazel
Reviewed 4 January 2014

New budget hotel right at the heart of Glasgow city center which I booked through their website. I stayed for 9 nights during this Christmas time. The cost was 500 pounds. I think this is a great discount in low season. The location is 3 min. walk to Buchanan Bus station, 5 min. walk to Queen Station and 10 min. walk to Central station. It is a convenient starting point to explore Glasgow and other places in Scotland. Check-in is very efficient, sharp at 2pm as they do not allow early check-in. However they are kind enough to allow baggage check-in early. The room is very basic but quiet and adequate for you to get a good sleep. The bathroom and the beds are very clean. I did not have breakfast as there were a lot of choices near the hotel. After all, for this price and location, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Buchanan street or Sauchihall street
3  Thank surgchiu
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This is the second time my partner and I have stayed here. We booked for one night at the very cheap price of £29! Great value for money and location, 5 min walk from the main shopping centre and we were in the centre of everything for entertainment.

There was a wait to check in and not enough staff able to attend but I understand it to be busy due to it being Hogmanay!

Our room was average , very clean and staff pleasant.

We paid £8 each for a hot breakfast the next day but I was very disappointed as there was very little choice and I didn't feel as though I got value for money!

However we will return simply due to location and the cheap price!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welovetoparty
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant 2 nights here for new year. Great hotel and perfect location in the town. Amazing view from 12th floor of the south of the city. Staff were very helpful too. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Glasgow. Hope to return here soon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NeilJK
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel, the staff were very welcoming and were only too happy to help. Great central location, everything in walking distance. Only setback was the apparent lack of nightlife, a few bars but no local pubs advertised in the area. We might have found some had we explored more during the day. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant, three courses + drink + all you can eat breakfast for a very reasonable price. The bar staff were particularly friendly (especially the bartender john) who was more than helpful and we felt very welcome. Would highly recommend this hotel for those wanting a relaxing city break, without the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: We booked in the summer for a room for New Year's Eve, and got a great deal - worth booking in a...
2  Thank sam_g_345