“very good and very central.”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 13 January 2014

very friendly and helpfull and very clean.staff were very helpfull and helped with any situation.also it was a deal i received and it was v ery affordable and i dont think i would have got it anywhere else at that price for that standard

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here on two consecutive weekends before and after a weeks holiday abroad. Great location, fantastic staff and a nice clean hotel. The room was good size and the bathroom well designed with a great shower. I loved the view out of the high 10/18 floor windows. The parking deal at concert square just over the road is great, remember you get the hotel to validate your ticket for a cheap rate.
We ate dinner which was new for us. It was decent for the price, but normally we would venture out to eat in some of glasgows fantastic eating places. I'd prefer to do that in future. We never ate breakfast so can't comment but there is a Starbucks right across the road which is good for us as that's how we like to start the day.
My only negative and I accept it may be personal taste, was the bed. I usually love the premier inn beds but I'm sorry to say the beds here left me sore in the morning. My wife also found them to be poor. I have to confess that despite all the good points I would consider staying elsewhere for a better sleep.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for one night in this hotel. We had tickets for a concert in the Royal Concert Hall and decided to take advantage of being in the city and booked a room. The staff were professional and friendly, the room was spotless and very comfortable. We booked evening meal and breakfast, great choice available for the meal and breakfast excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel, it is central for you to see the city and enjoy the shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, you will appreciate the city centre
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

When you combine Premier Inn's winning formula of comfort, cleanliness, good food and service with a superb central location and high rise views over the bustling city to the distant hills, then you have the ideal base from which to explore Glasgow. Despite being at the heart of the action this is a tranquil place. The lifts are superfast so I would recommend a room on one of the higher floors, if available, but in any case you can't go wrong here. You are handy for everything and a minute or two from several excellent places to eat. So give it a try.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed a couple of days before Christmas with my grandson as we were in Glasgow for shopping and to see a movie. We had a room on the 11th floor which had a wonderful view overlooking The Buchanan Galleries Shopping Centre. The location of this hotel is second to none, right in the heart of the city and handy for shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Also staff were very pleasant.

Everything was as you would expect from Premier Inn, very comfortable beds, duvets and pillows, warm, clean room and all for a very reasonable price. I can recommend it and I will certainly return.

The only thing I would have liked would have been shampoo and conditioner among the toiletries as I had forgotten to pack mine!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better for the splendid view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

New Premier Inn, we noticed the room was warmer than they usually are . There was a phone in the room ,but it seemed you could not call reception for free, not the best .
hufe queue to check out , but not sure if you can use your room card to do this, as there are loads of machines all around the reception. No complaints though

Room Tip: Choose a high room ,we were on floor 18 ,thats as high as you can get ,great views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for a post - New Year break. We arrived a bit early but the very pleasant young man on reception let us into our rooms without any problem. The rooms were spotless and well furbished. Step out of the hotel and you were in Sauchiehall Street in 30 seconds, Buchanan Street in two minutes. Very central for shopping,much to the joy of the ladies in our party.The staff in the hotel were so pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends