“Does exactly what it says on the tin”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Swansea
“Does exactly what it says on the tin”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a new building and because of the way Premier operates, we knew pretty much what to expect. The rooms are so well thought out, a nice touch is the overlapping blackout curtains. Good breakfast as ever.
Gripes: reception staff tied up with phone calls when we were trying to check out - and sweating slightly over train times - and the business of swiping your key card in the lift confused us a bit to start with.
Also, the air conditioning doesn't seem to allow you to have the room comfortably cool at night without a howling gale blowing at the same time, so we did find it too warm. This woke us up, and so the 'good night guarantee' slipped on this occasion. Due to the business of reception staff being busy and our worries about getting our train, we didn't mention it at the time.

1 Thank Giffythegardener

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Greek first
Tutbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for work and pleasure over Easter. Great staff, great hotel and in a great location. Only two niggles - I did have an extra bed when I arrived in my room and I asked for my room not to be cleaned and it was, but the reception team dealt with both of these straight away. Restaurant provided great food and service too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roxanne C
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Right in the heart of Glasgow so within walking distance of most things, but If not the underground is 2 minutes walk away. Although 18 months old, I would have guessed as nearly brand new! The staff were all welcoming and on hand to assist with a smile throughout our stay. The rooms were immaculatley clean and very comfortable. We used the bar for a night cap and I have to say the prices were very reasonable. We had not booked breakfast but I'm very pleased we stayed as it was good value and excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Spencemarc
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fantastic central location just round the corner from the bus station and only a stone's throw from Buchanan Galleries shopping centre. Reception is on the 2nd floor but this is clearly signposted. To get beyond reception in the lift you need to swipe your key card...I liked this added security in such a centrally located hotel.
I was given a slightly early check-in without asking for it. I arrived an hour before the 2pm check-in time to ask if I could leave a bag off and before I knew it I had been given my room key!
I was on the 9th floor and could hear no street noise. Didn't hear much in the way of internal noise either, despite being just opposite the door from the hallway to the lifts.
Standard Premier Inn room - clean, spacious and has all you need for an overnight stay!
Ate dinner and breakfast in their Thyme restaurant. Dinner was okay. As is usual with this brand everything is microwaved which is often fine, my lasagne was lovely for instance but my travel companion's rack of ribs were very, very dry.
Breakfast is expensive at £8.75 but it is all you can eat so I guess it depends if you reckon you can get your money's worth!
Restaurant staff were very friendly.
I would most definitely use this Premier Inn again the next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. the hotel was easy to find and in the perfect central location. the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and had perfect sheets. the room was easy to find from the lift. the hotel was very quiet at night which meant that we got a good nights sleep. check in and check out times were good also. I would definitely stay here again, good value for money

Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Right in centre of the city. Friendly staff. Very clean, spacious modern rooms, for such a good price. Great shower, clean bathroom. Easy check in system, very secure, had a good view of city - no noise. Definitely would stay again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This is the ideal hotel to book if you plan to visit Glasgow city centre! Location is literally across the road from the Buchanan Galleries, a multi story car park is handy and the main bus station and the Royal Concert Hall are a stones throw. A huge Cineworld is next door and there are multiple restaurants, bars and cafés in the area around you. The hotel itself is modern and spotlessly clean and the staff are all friendly and can't do enough for you. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and the food and service were again excellent. Will definitely stay again and cannot recommend this place more highly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple