Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Scotland,Western Isles
“Dolly”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a very friendly hotel and and very clean , it was the first time the kids have stayed in a hotel and my daughter gave it 5 stars she slept till 10 ish and is normally up at 7 ish she said the bed is to comfy lol we all enjoyed it would definitely stay here agin and good value for money thank you premier inn :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dolina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Everything about my stay (and everyone around me it would seem) at the Premier Inn was perfect. You really can't fault it! It cost £29 for the night, I had a double room to myself.

The staff were all friendly, welcoming, and more than accommodating. They even asked me if I had a preference for a high/ low level room.
The room was spotless, the bath was hot (and a delight after running 10km!) the bed was soft and warm. There was a little noise from other guests but not enough for me to complain about.
This is a huge Premier Inn with 19 floors, but I never had to wait for a lift.
Check out isn't until 12 o'clock, which is another big plus for this place. Having stayed in an awful little hotel the night before, I was glad to be back in a Premier Inn.
The location of this place is slap bang in the middle of town, great for popping in and out when needed, and also great for leaving luggage before catching the train home.
I can't recommend them enough!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank vjllh
Newark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have used the Premier Inns before in other parts of our country and found that this one is as good if not better than the rest. Lovely staff, very helpful. This is the second time I have visited Glasgow and the first time I stayed overnight. Premier Inn for me always provide excellent service, comfort and food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Nethy Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel may not be five star but it's hard to fault it on any aspect , the location is in the heart of Glasgow , the rooms are spotless and the breakfast is superb
We have stayed here five or six times now and every time it's consistent
If you want a hotel in the centre of Glasgow at a reasonable rate look no further
We will be back

Room Tip: Higher up the better for a view of the city
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

When you book a budget chain hotel you know what your getting and don't expect much. Premier Inns however generally deliver excellent value for money, good food and this one in Glasgow is no exception. I have a business account with Premier Inn and i'm confident that both myself and any staff have to send away on business will have a good experience.

Room:
Spotlessly clean. Ensuite bathroom, team and coffee facilities and my own giant sofa thats better than the one i have at home. A desk to work at. What more could I ask for. Brilliant value.

Facilities/Staff :
As with all budget hotel chains don't expect any frills. Lets face it though if you wanted somewhere posh with a spa/pool etc you wouldn't stay in a premier inn. That being said there are plenty automated check in machines, the reception is manned 24 hours a day and the staff are friendly and polite and take time to explain things and help out where necessary. Wifi is chargeable however, I feel this should be free out right but they do give you 30 mins a day for quick e-mails etc. Your better getting a 4G sim and tethering it to your laptop as it will work out cheaper. Theres also meeting rooms as well which would be great for training, interviews or small conferences and seminars.

Food/Drink
The breakfast is excellent and you get a lot of bang for your buck and its prepaid in advance. Dinner was nice (try the burgers!) and they even have nice crisp and ice cold Budwieser on draught. Heaven! :)

Location:
Right slap bang in the city centre next to the words tallest cinema, Cineworld Glasgow. Hard Rock Cafe, Buchanan Galleries just down the road. What more could you ask for?

Sleep Quality:
You get different types of pillows depending on what your preferences are. 2 soft and 2 firm. The beds are nice and comfy and I certainly had no trouble sleeping.

Overall:
Excellent Value for Money, excellent location and Brilliant breakfasts. Probably the best hotel in Glasgow if your not bothered about posh facilities and extras that you might find elsewhere. Ideal base for exploring the city and an excellent temporary base for business owners like myself whilst working away.

Room Tip: Try and get a higher floor room for a spectacular view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I travelled down from the Western Isles to Glasgow for a one day course with a day of shopping beforehand. Check in wasn't until two but when I asked if I could leave my luggage at reception the staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in was really easy on one of the self service machines which dispensed my room key. The room itself was on the third floor, it was huge and so immaculately clean I was so impressed! I was travelling by myself and chose to eat in the Thyme restaurant in the evening. I was a bit worried about sitting by myself in the restaurant and feeling a bit odd but there were loads of other people doing the same which made me more relaxed, the waiting staff were great and made a lot of effort to make me feel welcome. There's a fantastic meal deal option available which I went for - a three course dinner and drink PLUS breakfast in th morning for £23! I had the prawn cocktail, 8oz rump steak and chocolate sundae which was all very good value and tasty, the steak particularly. Breakfast in the morning was great too, costa coffee and friendly staff. The next time I stay in glasgow I look forward to booking this premier inn again. Excellent.

• Stayed May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed in April 2014 for my hen night everything was fabby..
So clean and new.....

only thing is there was no option to book 3 into a room on the website and when we arrived there is actually an extra bed :)

Very near Sauchiehall Street