“Does what it says on the tin.”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Bedfordshire
“Does what it says on the tin.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good: Staff helpfulness, beds, room lighting, temperature control/air con.
Average: Hot breakfast buffet, micro-tv.
Bad: No parking (standard for city centre), fixed head shower (standard for most hotels).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Greek first
Brasov, Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed for 1 night in April at this hotel and I enjoyed it a lot.

Location is the no 1 upside of this hotel, right in the city center and close to all tourist areas & attractions.

The only thing that was just a bit disappointing was the breakfast which is more suitable for English breakfast lovers... which I am NOT. But it was ok in the end as I could select some nice food for myself as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krista_Dutca
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights in April and was very impressed. The location is great - just a short walk from Sauchiehall Street and George Square.

Although on my own, I had a large double room with a big comfy bed on the 15th floor, at the end of the corridor (away from the foyer door) and I heard absolutely no noise while I was in my room. It was as if I were the only person in the whole hotel, it was that quiet. I'm an insomniac, so peace and quiet is very important to me. The room was warm, the airconditioning easy to adjust, and the view from my window (of Sauchiehall Street) amazing.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel as a whole was immaculately clean. The decor is typical of a hotel but to be expected. My only tiny criticism is that I didn't like the smell of the towels (the type of washing powder they use) but apart from this, my stay here was perfect.

Room Tip: The 15th floor is great for views, and for peace and quiet, a room at the end of the hall away from...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights last week and thought it was fabulous. The staff were incredibly helpful at check-in (first impressions count) and talked us through the process of where to park our car and how we could achieve the 50% discount on the normal car parking charges which was great. Whilst my boyfriend went off to park the car one of the reception staff helped me take our bags to the room. They also recommended a local restaurant to try (Amarone) which was lovely and well worth going to. We didn't know whether to have breakfast at the hotel but tried it for one morning and it was fantastic - a good selection of freshly cooked food, eggs cooked to order and eat as much as you like and all good quality. The staff were, once again, incredibly helpful and friendly. Frankly, this hotel charges 1-2 star prices and delivers 5 star service. We couldn't fault it and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The location is great, but the staff make the place just that little bit more special. I am a massive convert to Premier Inns and have found that the service is similiarly great in other locations too. Brilliant!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room and bathroom spotlessly clean and staff very friendly and welcoming. The location is only a short walk from the central train station and Buchanan St subway, also close to shops, restaurants etc. I was staying for a business meeting but would return if I'm in Glasgow again for any reason

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel, it's 5 minutes from railway station, takes 2 minutes to check in-- very friendly helpful staff--- my husband couldn't believe how soon we were settled into our room. We were on the 15th floor so had great views and no noise at all. As with all premiers the room layout is perfect, with thought gone into everything is at hand-- this is my second stay here and will definitely be back, very good value and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank motoxfan
Scotland,Western Isles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a very friendly hotel and and very clean , it was the first time the kids have stayed in a hotel and my daughter gave it 5 stars she slept till 10 ish and is normally up at 7 ish she said the bed is to comfy lol we all enjoyed it would definitely stay here agin and good value for money thank you premier inn :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family