“Free Italian lessons...lovely”

Tony Macaroni
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently went for dinner to the Merchant City branch on Monday the 18th August. I was joined by three work colleagues. My visit was so good that it made me write my first restaurant review ever! We decided to come to this particular restaurant as we didn't have a chance to visit it during the Commonwealth Games since it was extremely busy . We were pleasantly surprised to find that the staff were all Italian and we were able to practise the little Italian that we know! We had starters, main courses and to finish it off we treated ourselves to huge sundays called EXTRAVAGANZA. :)))) The staff were very attentive, well organised and very pleasant. We will definitely be back and I have recommended the place to friends and family!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Don't know what those bad reviewers are about. I come here for lunch regularly. Good food, very pleasant treatment from staff, good service, fair price, relaxing environment. Tried at dinner a couple of times: same level. And I do care about food experience! Keep calm and enjoy TM city centre!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend were having a nice afternoon in the sun in the merchany city, and decided we should have some food. We have been to other toni macs before so it was an easy choice.
So for the outside area there were two waiters (working in the industry I felt that was ample). We asked for a seat which we were shown to, waited 10 minutes for a menu - had to ask to order. Drinks then took 20 minutes to arrive and still no starters. When they arrived the side salad was totally dry and brown like it had been sitting out for days. Not impressed. Cleared our own starter plates, mains arrived 5 minutes apart and my pizza was burnt. Couldn't get anyones attention and no one came to check on us either. When my full pizza plate was taken away the waiter never even flinched that I had only eaten one slice. No feeling of customer satisfaction at all. And had a £40 bill! Id love them to get in touch to try and redeem themselves but for now - I wont ever be back!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited this restaurant as had been to the East Kilbride one a few times and was always great. Had a day out in Glasgow during the commonwealth games with my mum, sister and baby niece. When I walked into the restaurant I asked for a table for three and also asked if it was okay to bring the pram in. The manager, who I had asked, said he would need to see if there was space for us and asked me to wait two minutes. This was a perfectly reasonable request that I had no problem with but the expression on his face was a different story! I immedietly felt uncomfortable and as I started to walk towards my family he snapped 'oh and there's no specials menu today' As I felt uncomfortable and that we were being an inconvenience I said to my family lets go somewhere else. The manager, who was standing at the till, started shouting 'I asked you to wait 2 minutes' over and over again in an aggresive manner! As we walked out the restaurant he followed us outside shouting he wasn't a slave and worked hard for a living!! Other customers were looking at us and the staff were all standing smirking. I have never experienced anything like it. I walked away as I had the baby in the pram but when my sister questioned his aggressive manner he just continued to shout. I will NEVER visit a tony macaroni's again and have shared my experience with friends and family.

The best advice I have for this establishment is to invest in anger management classes for their Manager before he costs them any more business.

1  Thank Lorrainesmith77
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We've been to TM a few times but used the one up the West End which we really liked.

We decided to go tonight (Wednesday) to celebrate out daughters first day at high school & thought this would be a good option.

My daughter had pate to start with which she said was delicious my partner had a half portion of pasta which he enjoyed & I had the king prawns in butter lemon & garlic sauce with Italian rice - which I've had many times before.
My starter was like warm & prawns were over cooked.

When it was time for the mains mine & my daughters came but it was a few minutes more before they brought my partners - this was disappointing.
I ordered chicken Milanese - again I've had this in several other Italians & really enjoy this dish.
It was meant to be served with penne arribiatta. There was no spice to the pasta at all & the chicken was flavourless.

Staff were friendly & attentive. However the decor was a little shabby. Also the front door was opened & there was a cold draft coming in. I don't feel the cold normally but my daughter & partner were cold.

Really disappointed & won't be back unfortunately much better Italians in the merchant city to choose from.