“Amazing value for money!”
Review of Tony Macaroni - CLOSED

Tony Macaroni
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I went to this restaurant with four friends for lunch but had only booked a table for four. This didn't present any problem and we were quickly shown to a table upstairs. The lunch menu is amazing value- only £4.95. Three of us had the special, which was sea bass on crushed potatoes. We'd expected to get a small starter size portion for that money, but it was huge! The other two were delighted by their choices. It was really fresh and well cooked. The waiter was from Puglia and was happy to let us try and order in Italian and was really patient and helpful. We all had a lovely time and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I work near this restaurant so it is usual for me to have lunch there in a weekly basis. I have been there so many times: alone, in company, for lunch, dinner, Christmas, summer time...

I have tried many other restaurants in the city, and they are usually expensive or bad food quality. However, this Tony Macaroni provides excellent food which is really cheap thanks to the lunch menus. The bad thing may be that some days it is crowded, but I can easily book my table through the Internet, so no problem!

This Italian food is fantastic. The place is good, the waiters are nice and the waitresses are beautiful. One of the best places in Glasgow and my favorite one.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Me and my friends visited this restaurant couple of days ago and we really enjoyed it. Staff members were all friendly and made sure that our meal was spot on. Restaurant looks very nice and has a unique atmosphere to it. But the most important thing - the food..... The portions were huge, and everything tasted delicious. We even treated ourselves to desserts, and I have to say, those were AMAZING!! I have already booked a table for next week and I'm really looking forward to it...

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I go to Tony Macaroni's very regularly with my girlfriend, and we have never been anything other than satisfied with the whole experience. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly, and the service is never slow enough to be noticeable. This helps the relaxed atmosphere, which is especially lovely if you ask to be seated in the conservatory. The food is fantastic: all the pasta dishes, especially the carbonara, are excellent, and the rest of the menu is just as good (try any of the focaccias or the steak) . Even without the £5 lunch menu, Tony Macaroni's is great value for money. I cannot think of a better all-round Italian restaurant in the City Centre, and I can definitely see why the chain keeps expanding!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been a regular customer at Tony Macaroni - Merchant City - for about three years now. Myself and my boyfriend go in regularly for lunch and dinner. The food is always impeccable - we've never have to wait too long for it to arrive and never had any problems with it.

The staff are all really lovely and welcoming and make us feel like we're at home. Understandably we have become really good friends with the staff and the management and they have never let us down or neglected us.

Whenever my boyfriend and I are deciding where we want to eat there is no question about it as we always find ourselves here!

Keep up the good work!